A Tobacco-Cessation Program for Our Patients
UKanQuit provides one-on-one inpatient bedside tobacco treatment consultation at The University of Kansas Health System. Since 2006, when the program was founded, we have treated well over 15,000 patients. Our tobacco treatment specialists
- Assess addiction level and withdrawal
- Recommend medications to manage withdrawal while in hospital
- Provide brief counseling and treatment planning
- Collaborate with medical team to provide discharge medications
- Proactively refer to the tobacco quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) and SmokefreeTXT for follow-up support post hospitalization.
Services are provided in English and in Spanish. Learn more about the UKanQuit program from Kimber P. Richter, PhD, MPH, Clinical Director, UKanQuit, in the brief video introduction below.