The Master of Health Services Administration (MHSA) program at the University of Kansas Medical Center prepares individuals to work in a wide variety of professional settings, employing their leadership skills and knowledge of health policy and management to improve health and health services delivery in the communities they serve. Our program is:
- Fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
- Consistently ranked among the top health administration programs in U.S. public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
- The most affordable traditional health administration masters program in the Midwest region*
- Flexible, offering part- and full- time options as well as a number of joint- and dual-degree options. Our classes are held in the late afternoons and evenings to accommodate working professionals.
- Proven. Our graduates are fully prepared for work in a broad spectrum of administrative roles. Students benefit from regular interaction with and mentorship from our talented and accomplished alumni.
We are glad you are interested in learning about all the ways you can grow with us at the University of Kansas. Please explore our site to learn more about our curriculum and student experience, or contact us with questions about the opportunities we offer!
Krit Sarai, MHSA
"The University of Kansas MHSA program holds a special place in my life as it has developed me into who I am today, whether that be personally or professionally. Throughout the curriculum, the program emphasizes active learning surrounded by real-world case studies. These practices, as well as many others, promote critical-thinking and collaboration skills, both of which are crucial in the healthcare industry. Education aside, the amount my network has increased whether that be connecting with healthcare leaders or making friends with my peers and faculty, I know I will be able to lean on my cohort in the future. This program actively challenges you all while supporting you in whatever endeavor you choose to embark on, both during and after the program and I am glad I made the decision to attend KU Medical Center for my degree."
Nicholas Tejeda, FACHE
Group CEO, The Hospitals of Providence
Class of 2007
"Few programs match the strength of KUMC's MHSA course offerings, depth of practical knowledge among the faculty, or the diversity of its student population and alumni. Truly, the MHSA program at KUMC provides students with a meaningful and dynamic opportunity to learn from and interact with experienced professionals representing acute care hospitals, medical groups, health insurance companies, skilled nursing facilities, home care and hospice agencies, just to name a few. Such an environment is the perfect laboratory in which ambitious and determined individuals can expand their understanding of health services administration, establish lifelong personal relationships, and establish a strong foundation upon which to achieve amazing professional success."
"There are certain moments which serve as proverbial forks in the road along the path of life. My decision to pursue an MHSA at KUMC was the critical moment in my professional development that has led me down a path of professional success and personal fulfillment that would not be possible otherwise."