Clinical & Surgical Training
- PGY-1: Joint internship with internal medicine and ophthalmology (12 weeks of ophthalmology)
- PGY-2: Comprehensive/Optometry, Cornea/Refractive, Glaucoma, Neuro, Oculoplastics, Retina, Consults, CMH, KCVA
- PGY-3: Comprehensive, Cornea/Refractive, Glaucoma, Neuro, Oculoplastics, Retina, CMH, KCVA, Private Practice
- PGY-4: Comprehensive, Cornea/Refractive, Glaucoma, Oculoplastics, Retina, KCVA, Private Practice, Elective
View each activities of each residency year.
- Structured resident-run wet lab curriculum
- Overall, extremely well rounded, high volume, hands-on surgical training in every sub-specialty.
- Stepwise introduction to surgery to cataract surgery
- PGY-1: Start with assisting in the OR
- PGY-2: Stepwise learning throughout the year. End PGY-2 with 5-10 primary cases.
- PGY-3: Focused on completing entire routine cases. End PGY-3 with 50-100 primary cases
- PGY-4: Perform entire routine and complex cases. End PGY-4 with 300-500 primary cases
- Laser Vision Correction
- STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser certification during residency
- Resident LVC Program in development
- International RotationHaiti with Dr. Abraham White - provide cataract surgery/MSICS to patients in need.
- Belize with Dr. Whittaker.
- Collaborative opportunities with Dean McGee Eye Institute
- Vacation time used, self-funded