Benefits and Resources
We are committed to providing our residents with a competitive annual salary and benefits package.
Our residents earn a competitive annual salary and a benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical and dental plans, paid time off and retirement plans.
Educational books and equipment
Residents are currently eligible for educational/equipment support as listed below. The support package is reviewed annually.
- Conferences with accepted oral presentations and as approved by the program director
- Microvascular lab instruments
Malpractice insurance coverage is provided. Health and dental insurance for you and your family is available through the state of Kansas.
Vacation and leave
- 3 weeks paid vacation each academic year (subject to approval by the chief residents and program director)
- 10 noncumulative days of sick leave annually to be used in case of illness or injury.
- Extended leave without pay available with Human Resources/FMLA approval for reasons related to family or personal illness, serious health conditions, disability or the birth or adoption of a child.
- Free access to Kirmayer Fitness Center, KU Medical Center's on-site fitness center
- Laundry service for scrubs and lab coats
- Meal allowance as governed by the University of Kansas Medical Center Office of Graduate Medical Education