Benefits and Resources
We are committed to providing our residents with a competitive annual salary and benefits package.
Our residents earn a competitive annual salary and a benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical and dental plans, paid time off and retirement plans.
View KU Medical Center's resident salary rates and benefits for the current academic year.
Educational books and equipment
Residents are currently eligible for educational/equipment support as listed below. The support package is reviewed annually.
- Conferences with accepted oral presentations and as approved by the program director
- Microvascular lab instruments
Malpractice insurance coverage is provided. Health and dental insurance for you and your family is available through the state of Kansas.
Vacation and leave
- 3 weeks paid vacation each academic year (subject to approval by the chief residents and program director)
- 10 noncumulative days of sick leave annually to be used in case of illness or injury.
- Extended leave without pay available with Human Resources/FMLA approval for reasons related to family or personal illness, serious health conditions, disability or the birth or adoption of a child.
- Free access to Kirmayer Fitness Center, KU Medical Center's on-site fitness center
- Laundry service for scrubs and lab coats
- Meal allowance as governed by the University of Kansas Medical Center Office of Graduate Medical Education