Wondering about the schedules our residents follow? Find more information here.
Our residents train at The University of Kansas Health System, a world-class academic medical that partners with KU Medical Center to provide an excellent educational experience. They also train at some affiliate sites in the Kansas City area.
For a more detailed breakdown of each postgraduate year's training schedule, check out the Training Information page.
Continuity clinics help our residents develop a comprehensive understanding of clinical care and broaden their training experience.
Each resident is assigned a continuity clinic where they are supervised by faculty attendings, but manage their own patients. Clinics are assigned in the residents' PGY-2 year and continue throughout the training experience.
Some of the continuity clinics are neurology subspecialty clinics.
- Night float system
- Two residents share night float for a month from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- One senior resident is on a 24-hour call on the weekend.
- Service is shared with a staff neurologist and stroke attending.
- Kansas City VA Medical Center home call is every other week.
- Neuro ICU call is shared with mid-level providers and residents from Anesthesia and Neurosurgery.
- Children's Mercy Hospital home call is every third night.