Grand Rounds Presentations
Each week, faculty members in the departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery meet for grand rounds lectures on evolving areas and new trends in their field. Many of these presentations are available below.
|Videos of Grand Rounds Presentations for 2022|
|The Utilization of Opiates: Use or Abuse? - Raj Mitra, MD, Professor and Chair, Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/13/22|
|Acute Nutritional Neuropathy - Ian Bakk, MD, Clinical Neurophysiology Fellow, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/6/22|
|Neurological and Musculoskeletal Manifestations of Wild Type Transthyretin Amyloidosis - Kourosh Rezania, MD, FAAN, Associate Professor of Neurology, Co-director of ALS Multidisciplinary Clinic, University of Chicago - 4/29/22|
|Neuromodulatory Devices in Epilepsy - Obiefuna Nwabueze, MD, PGY-4 Neurology Resident, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/15/22|
|Distal Weakness: Repeat Genetic Testing, Different Results & Management - Mai Yamakawa, MD, PGY-4 Neurology Resident, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/15/22|
|The Influence of Amyloid Precursor Protein on Mitochondrial Quality Control - Joseph Pleen, DO, Dementia Fellow, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/1/22|
|Huntington’s Disease. Where Do We Go Next? - Richard Dubinsky, MD MPH, Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/25/22|
|EEG Monitoring in ICU and management of Status Epilepticus - Utku Uysal, MD, Associate Professor, Determent of Neurology - 3/18/22|
|Food for Thought: The Microbiome-Gut-Brain Axis and its Role in Migraine Management - Dorlyne Brchan, MD, Headache Fellow, Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City - 3/11/22|
|Stroke Simulation Project - Kyle Dack, MD, Chief Resident, Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/4/22|
|Gene Therapies in Neurology - Muhtadi Islam, MD PhD, PGY-4 Resident, Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/4/22|
|Updates in the Management of Neuropathy - Swathy Chandrashekhar, MD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 2/25/22|
|Deep Brain Stimulation for Epilepsy - Robert Fisher, MD, Professor and Director, Stanford Epilepsy Center, Stanford University - 2/11/22|
|The Purpose and Meaning of Performance Validity Testing in Neuropsychology - Carrie Spresser, PhD, Assistant, Clinical Professor, Dept. of Neuropsychology, University of Kansas Health System - 2/4/22|
|Dementia Prevention: Is it Possible? - Jeff Burns, MD, Co-Director, SOM-Kansas City, Director of the Clinical and Translational Science Unit, Director of the Clinical and Translational Science Unit , Director, Memory Care Clinical University of Kansas Health System, Division Director, Neurocognitive Division, SOM-Kansas City - 1/28/22|
|Myocardial Injury & the Risk of Stroke - Alexander Merkler, MD, Assistant Professor, Well Cornell Medicine - 1/21/22|
|Implementation of Precision Therapeutics in Dystonia and Cerebral Palsy: Challenges and Opportunities - Rose Gelineau Morel, MD, Assistant Program Director, Clinical Assistant Professor Pediatrics, Children’s Mercy Hospital - 1/14/22|
|Videos of Grand Rounds Presentations for 2021|
|Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors Role in Ischemic Stroke Recovery - Laith Maali, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 12/17/21|
|Stenting for Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: Stent Failure or System Failure? - Michael G. Abraham, MD, FAHA, Associate Professor, Departments of Neurology and Radiology, Director of Stroke Research ABPN Board-Certified Neurologist, UCNS Subspecialty Board-Certification in Neurocritical Care, Interventional Neurologist - 12/10/21|
|Amyloid Precursor Protein and Mitochondria - Heather Wilkins, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 12/3/21|
|Abusive Head Trauma: Concepts, Controversies and Conspiracy Theories - Mark Dias, MD, Professor of Neurosurgery, Vice Chair, Penn State Health - 11/12/21|
|Presynaptic neuromuscular junction disorders - Jane Distad, MD, Associate Professor, Director, EMG , Department of Neurology, UW Medicine - 10/29/21|
|Updates in Sleep–A Pandemic with Covidsomnia, Recalls, and Break Throughs - Erin Longbrake, MD, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Neurology, Program Director, Neuroimmunology Fellowship Director, Clinical Research in Neuroimmunology, Yale School of Medicine - 10/22/21|
|Updates in Sleep–A Pandemic with Covidsomnia, Recalls, and Break Throughs - Suzanne Stevens, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 10/15/21|
|Traumatic Brain Injury and its Relationship to Neurodegenerative Disease - Ryan Townley, MD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 10/8/21|
|Contemplations of a Last Mohican or the Last Gasps of a Neanderthal: The Future of Open Cerebrovascular Surgery - Carlos David, M.D. Lahey Clinic/Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Tufts University Burlington, Massachusetts - 10/1/21|
|Responsive Stimulation of the Thalamus: the Spectrum Experience - David Burdette, MD Spectrum Health Grand Rapids, MI - 9/24/21|
|M2’s The Next Frontier - Jeremy Peterson, MD Assistant Professor Deptartment of Neurosurgery University of Kansas Medical Center - 9/17/21|
|Device-aided Therapies for Parkinson’s Disease and Essential Tremor – What Do Patients Want? Ludy Chen Shih, MD, MMSc, FAAN, FANA Associate Professor, Neurology Boston University School of Medicine - 9/10/21|
|Coma: Prognostication and Promise of Neuroimaging - Abid Qureshi, MD Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology University of Kansas Medical Center - 9/2/21|
Pediatric functional neurological disorder - Julio Quezada, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Children’s Mercy Hospital - 8/27/21
|Spinal CSF Leaks: Fix, Find, Reward - Jeremy Cutsforth-Gregory, MD, FAAN Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science - 8/13/21|
|Neuromuscular complications of diabetes mellitus - Matthew Varon, MD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 8/6/21|
|Update on Autoimmune and Hereditary etiologies of Small Fiber Neuropathy - Ahmed M Eldokla, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology, Director of Neuromuscular Division, Medical Director of Neuromuscular Center at Upstate Bone & Joint Department of Neurology SUNY Upstate Medical University - 7/30/21|
|Mitochondria and Mitochondrial Cascades in Alzheimer’s Disease - Russell Swerdlow, MD, Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/23/21|
|"Quick Radic: Effective and Efficient Evolution of Extremity Pain" - Erik Ensrud, MD, Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/16/21|
|"Cerebral antioxidants in aging and neurological disorders" - In-Young Choi, Ph.D., Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/9/21|
|"Myasthenia gravis during the COVID-19 pandemic: the KU experience with in-person, telehealth, and telephone follow-up visits" - Constantine Farmakidis, MD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 6/25/21|
|"Imbalance in Sjogren's Syndrome" - Duaa Jabari, MD Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 6/18/21|
|"Race, Gender and Headache: Disparities in Headache Medicine" - Kendall Wyllie, MD, Children's Mercy Headache Fellow - 5/28/21|
|"Current issues in Neurohospitalist Practice" - Brenton Massey, DO, Assistant Professor, Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/28/21|
|"Cutaneous Manifestations in Neuromuscular Diseases" - Mohammed Rahman, MD, Clinical Neurophysiology Fellow at the University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/21/21|
|"Hitting Snooze in the ICU: The Effect of Sleep On the Critically Ill" - Vishal Saini, DO, Chief Resident, Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/21/21|
|"GBS: Case Discussion and Review of Translational Research" - Kazim Sheikh, MD, McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX - 5/14/21|
|"Reversal of Anticoagulation in Intracranial Hemorrhage" - Tiffany Barkley, DO, Vascular Neurology Fellow, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/7/21|
|"You Are Not Possessed: Contemporary Views on Epilepsy in Sub-Saharan Africa Versus the USA" and "Update on Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: Review of Cases and Literature" - Aisha Diawara, MD and Shweta Goswami, MD, PGY-4 Resident, Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/30/21|
|"Expanding the clinical spectrum of chronic immune mediated neuropathies" - Mazen Dimachkie, MD, Professor and Executive Vice Chair Vice Chair for Research, Neuromuscular Division Chief, Neuromuscular Medicine Fellowship Director, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/9/21|
|"Pathologic Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease" & "Kindling Model of Epilepsy, a Review and Update on Current Literature" - Nicholas Doher, DO, PGY-4 Resident & Ryan Lay, MD, Chief Resident, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/2/21|
|"Congenital Myasthenic Syndromes" - Nathan McGraw, MD, Neuromuscular Fellow, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/26/21|
|"From Mechanisms to Medicines: The Dawn of Precision and Disease Modifying Therapies for Epilepsy" -Amy Brooks-Kayal, MD, FAAN, FANA, FAES, Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology, UC Davis Health - 3/19/21|
|"Autoimmune Seizures and Epilepsy" & "Updates on tPA Administration" -Srijan Adhikari, MMBS & Michael Bellew, MD - PGY-4 Residents, Department of Neurology at University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/12/21|
|Fueling the Brain to Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease -Jill Morris, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/5/21|
|Current Trends and Transitions in Alzheimer’s Disease: Implications for Clinical Practice -Gad A. Marshall, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School | Associate Medical Director of Clinical Trials, Center for Alzheimer Research & Treatment, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts - 2/26/21|
|Latinos & Dementia - Jaime Perales Puchalt, Ph.D., MPH Assistant Professor, KU Alzheimer’s Disease Center - 2/19/21|
|Essential Fatty Acids - What we've learned from a Generation of Research and Randomized Clinical Trials -Kathleen Gustafson, Ph.D., Research Associate Professor, Neurophysiology Core Director, Director, Fetal Biomagnetometry Lab, Hoglund Brain Imaging Center, University of Kansas Medical Center - 1/22/21|
|Congenital hypotonia, reconsidering the diagnostic evaluation Jean-Baptiste Le Pichon, MD, Ph.D., FAAP, Director, Child Neurology Residency Program, Program Director, Neuroscience Research; Professor of Pediatrics, Dept. of Neurology Children’s Mercy Hospital - 1/8/21|
|Functional Neurological Disorder - turning a negative in to a positive Professor Jon Stone, MB, ChB, FRCP, PhD, Professor of Neurology - Dept. Clinical Neurosciences (NHS Lothian), Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences (University of Edinburgh), Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh - 12/11/20|
|Multiple Sclerosis treatment: the tyranny of choice by Tim West. MD, Rocky Mountain MS Clinic, Salt Lake City, UT - 12/04/20|
|Building Bridges: Practical Strategies for Inclusion by Joanne Smikle, PhD, Consultant in Leadership & Organization Development. - 11/20/20|
|Tourette Syndrome 2020 by Keith A. Coffman, MD, Pediatrics/Neurology, Director, Tourette Syndrome Center of Excellence, Director, Movement Disorders Clinic, Children's Mercy Kansas City, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, UMKC School of Medicine - 11/13/20|
|The Three Facets of Fabry Disease: Neurological, Medical and Therapeutics Advances by Mazen Dimachkie, MD, Professor & Executive Vice Chair, Neurology, Vice Chairman for Research Programs, Eric Rush, MD, Assistant Professor, Clinical Geneticist, Endocrinology, Metabolism & Genetics, Ahmad Tuffaha, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology & Hypertension - 11/6/20|
|Current Controversies in the field of Tremor by Günther Deuschl, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c., Senior-Professor of Neurology, Kiel University, Germany - 10/31/20|
|Tardive syndromes: definitions, phenomenology, epidemiology and treatment by Joseph Friedman, MD, Professor of Neurology, Chief of Movement Disorders Program, Brown University - 10/23/20|
|Epilepsy & Pregnancy by Naymee J Velez Ruiz, MD Assistant Professor of Neurology, Director, Epilepsy Fellowship, Director, Women & Epilepsy Program, Medical Director, Jackson Memorial Hospital Epilepsy Center - 10/16/20|
|The Precision Neural Dynamics Lab – understanding neural signals ranging from brain-computer interfaces to epilepsy by Adam Rouse, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Director of Basic Research, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Department of Neurosurgery - 10/9/20|
|The Mystery Cases of David Marsden and their Resolution by Kailash Bhatia, FRCP, Professor of Clinical Neurology, Department of Clinical and Movement Neurosciences, UCL, Institute of Neurology, NHNN, Queen Square, London, UK - 10/2/20|
|Using Brain Imaging to Uncover Genetic Risk for Alzheimer’s Disease by Robyn Honea, PhD, Research Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center - 9/25/20|
|Case Studies in Neuropalliative Care by Marsha T. Robinson, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurology, Mayo Clinic - 9/18/20|
|Gait Problems in Parkinsonism and Frontal Lobe Gait Disorders by Simon JG Lewis, MBBCh BSc FRCP FRACP MD, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience,University of Sydney - 9/11/20|
|Inflammatory Myopathies: An Update on Evaluation and Therapies on the Horizon by Namita A. Goyal, MD, Associate Professor, Dept of Neurology, UC Irvine, Co-Director, UC Irvine-MDA ALS and Neuromuscular Center, Director, Neuromuscular Medicine Fellowship, Director, Neurology Clinical Trial Unit, Director, ALS Clinic - 9/4/20|
|Nonatherosclerotic Cerebral Vasculopathies by Sabreena Slavin, MD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 8/21/20|
|Neuromuscular complications of Immune check point inhibitors by Mamatha Pasnoor, MD, Professor, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 8/14/20|
|Neurological Aspects of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell (CAR-T) Therapy by Muhammad Nashatizadeh, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor. Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 8/7/20|
|Resumption of Anticoagulation After Intracerebral Hemorrhage by Jorge Kawano, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/31/20|
|Resident Education for the Assessment and Care of Headache: Grand Rounds in Headache Medicine by Niushen Zhang, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Neurology & Neurological Sciences, Headache Fellowship Program Director, Stanford University - 7/24/20|
|Utilizing Objective Vestibular Tests for Concussion Diagnosis and Recovery by Liz Fuemmeler, AuD, Audiologist/ Vestibular Specialist, Hearing & Balance Speicalist of Kansas City - 7/17/20|
|Ketogenic Diet in Epilepsy by Vishal Shah, MBBS, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 6/26/20|
|Neuromuscular Medicine in the Age of COVID-19by Swathy Chandrashekhar, MD, Neuromuscular Fello, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 6/19/20|
|Career Development for Medical Educators Ralph Jozefowicz, MD, Professor of Neurology, Associate Chair for Education, Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry;- 6/5/20|
|Emerging Surgical and Drug Therapies for Epilepsy by Nathan B Fountain, MD, Professor University of Virginia - 5/29/20|
|Covid-19 and Stroke: The Clot Thickens by Monika Manchanda, MD, PGY-4 Resident, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/15/20|
|So You’re Telling Me There’s a Chance": A Data Overview on Risk of Neuromuscular Complications In Vaccination by David Shirilla, DO, Fellow, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/15/20|
|Obstructive Sleep Apnea & Stroke by Yana Nesterenko, MD, PGY-4 Resident, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/8/20|
|FDG-PET: Utility for Differential Diagnosis in the Clinical Practice of Dementia Care by Joseph J. Pleen, DO, PGY-4 Resident, Dept. of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 5/8/20|
|Disease Modifying Therapy Selection in Multiple Sclerosis by Amanda Thuringer DO, Fellow ,Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/17/20|
|Gut and Parkinson Disease by Vibhash Sharma, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor,Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/13/20|
|Novel Treatments for Hypersomnia by M. Suzanne Stevens, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Director, Sleep Medicine, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/3/20|
|The Myth of Divided Attention by Richard Dubinsky, MD, MPH, Professor & Vice Chair of Clinical Services, General Neurology Division Chief, Neurology Residency Program Director, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 3/13/20|
|Autoimmune Neurology: Paraneoplastic Disorders & Beyond by Andrew McKeon, M.B., B.Ch., M.D, Professor of Neurology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic - 3/6/20|
|Cells Therapies in Stroke Recovery by Laith Maali, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 2/21/20|
|Project REACT, Creating Medical Homes for Children and Youth with Epilepsy in Kansas by Jean-Baptiste le Pichon, MD, PhD, Children’s Mercy, Director, Child Neurology - 2/21/20|
|Continuous EEG Monitoring in the ICU: Past & Future; Are We Ready for Targeted Medicine by Andres Rodriguez-Ruiz, MD, Assistant Professor, Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine - 2/7/20|
|Team Science in Myasthenia Gravis Outcome Measures by Mazen M. Dimachkie, MD, FAAN, FANA, Professor and Executive Vice Chair, Vice Chair for Research Programs, Neuromuscular Division Chief, Neuromuscular Medicine Fellowship Director Department of Neurology,University of Kansas Medical Center - 1/31/20|
|On the Shores of a New World: A Revolution in Treatment for MDA Disorders by Jeffrey Statland, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 1/10/20|
|Community-engaged Research: Lessons from a decade of ADC work
Eric Vidoni, PT, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 1/3/20
|Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease: Past, Present, and Future
Perry Ridge, PhD, Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University - 2/22/19
|Research in Low and Middle Income Countries, lessons learned and moving onward
Jean-Baptiste Le Pichon MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology, Children’s Mercy Hospital - 1/25/19
|Alzheimer's Disease Update: Advances in Prevention, Treatment, and Clinical Care
Jeff Burns, MD, Professor, Neurocognitive, Division Chief, University of Kansas Medical Center - 1/4/19
|Advances in the management of ALS
Omar Jawdat, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 1/18/19
|The impact of Pacebo: A Neuromuscular Perspective
Aziz Shaibani, MD, FACP, FAAN, Clinical Professor, General Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Director-Nerve and Muscle Center of Texas - 2/8/19
The Intersection of Art & Neurology
History and Advancements in Electromyography Center
Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
Vascular Contributions to Brain Health
Migraine Treatment in the 21st 1/2 century
Lessons I have learned in the NeuroICU
Wearable Technology in Parkinson’s Disease
Antiepileptic Drugs Update: 2010 and Beyond
Inclusion Body Myositis from Physio Pathogenesis to Treatment
Paroxysmal Movement Disorders in Children
Myasthenia Gravis Antibodies
Updates in Acute Ischemic Stroke Treatment by Shamik Shah MBBS, Vascular Fellow, Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 4/19/19
Epileptic Encephalopathies Though the Lifespan
Myasthenia Gravis Therapy in 2019: Updates
VMR Scholarship Program: Neuromuscular at Queen Square
Alteplase for Acute Ischemic Stroke: Questions You Always Wanted to Ask but Never Dared
Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Cognitive Errors in Clinical Diagnosis by Yunxia Wang, MD, Professor, Vice Chair of Education, Neurology Inpatient Division Chief, University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/12/19
|How the Vietnam War and Communism Shaped Neuromuscular Disease in North America
Richard J. Barohn, MD, FAAN, Gertrude and Dewey Professor of Neurology, University Distinguished Professor, Vice Chancellor for Research, President of the Research Institute, Director, Frontiers: University of Kansas Clinical and Translational Science Institute, The University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/19/19
|Vasospasm Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Brenton Massey, DO, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, The University of Kansas Medical Center - 7/26/19
|The Forgotten Sense – A Review of Olfactory Loss and Olfactory Training
Jennifer Villwock, MD, Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 8/2/19
|The Evaluation and Management of Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease
Daniel E Kremens, MD, JD, FAAN, Assistant Professor of Neurology, Co-Director of the Parkinsons Disease & Movement Disorders Center, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA - 8/9/19
|Common Errors in EEG Reading
Selim Benbadis, MD, Division Director, Epilepsy, Eeg & Sleep Medicine, Professor, Department of Neurology at USF Health - 8/16/19
|Biomechanics of Spinal Deformity and Motion
Joseph Cheng, MD, MS, Professor of Neurosurgery. Frank H. Mayfield Chair, Department of Neurological Surgery at University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute - 8/16/19 /19
|Fine-grained Levels of Motor Maps Reorganization After Nervous System Injury
Carmen Cirstea, MD, PhD, Assistant Research Professor, Departments of Psychological Sciences and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Missouri School of Medicine - 9/6/19
|Amyloid Neuropathy. "There you see it, there you don't
Mamatha Pasnoor, MD, Assistant Professor, Departments of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center - 8/30/19
|Diagnosing CIDP: Trying to get it right (and how to get it wrong)
Jeffrey Allen, MD, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota - 9/13/19
Academic Year 2017-2018
- December 14, 2018, Yazmin Odia, MD, Lead Physician of Medical Neuro-Oncology, Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida - "Molecular Profiling of Gliomas: Implications for Prognosis and Treatment."
- December 7, 2018, Duaa Jabari, MD, Assistand Professor, Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. "Radiculoplexus Neuropathy."
- November 30, 2018, Jacques J. Morcos, MD, FAANS, FACS, Neurosurgery, Neurosurgical Oncology at University of Miami Health System, "Bypass Surgery for Brain Ischemia and Aneurysms: Current Status in 2018."
- November 9, 2018, Jay Wellons, MD, MSPH, Professor of Neurological Surgery, Vice Chair for Academic and Faculty Affairs, Chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery and Professor of Pediatrics, Monroe Carrel Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, "The Hydrocephalus Clinical Research Network: Reducing Shunt Placement, Revisions, and Infections."
- October 26, 2018, Nancy Hammond, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Neurology -- University of Kansas Medical Center "Caring for the Woman with Epilepsy During Pregnancy."
- October 19, 2018, Eric Ecklund-Johnson, PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology - University of Kansas Medical Center "Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Neuropsychologist's Perspective."
- October 12, 2018, Matthew Hunt, MD, Assistant Professor & Resident Program Director, Department of Neurosurgery at University of Minnesota - "Canine Brain Tumor Surgery: 10 Years of Lessons Learned."
- October 5, 2018, Pradeep Sahota, MD, FAAN, FAASM, FAES, FACP, FANA, Professor & Chairman, Department of Neurology - University of Missouri – School of Medicine "Sleepy in Kansas City."
- September 28, 2018, Jill Morris, PhD,Assistant Professor, Program Officer Alzheimer’s Disease Center - University of Kansas Medical Center “Energy metabolism and genetics in the etiology and progression of Alzheimer’s Disease”
- September 21, 2018, Raul Nogueira, MD, Director, Neuroendovascular Service, Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center - Grady Memorial Hospital "Endovascular Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke from DAWN to Dusk."
- September 14, 2018, Giulia Bonaminio, PhD, Associate Dean and Director, Office of Medical Education - University of Kansas Medical Center "Addressing Generational Differences in the Learning Environment."
- September 7, 2018, Russel Swerdlow, MD, Director Alzheimer's Disease Center - University of Kansas Medical Center "Clinical Evaluation and Genetic Testing of Cognitive Disorders."
- August 31, 2018, Caleb Pearson, PsyD, ABBP, Associate Professor - Neurology & Neurosurgery - University of Kansas Medical Center "Neuropsychology's Role in Neurosurgery."
- August 24, 2018, Sabreena Slavin, MD , Assistant Professor - Neurology - University of Kansas Medical Center
"Treatment and Functional Recovery in 'Mild' Acute Ischemic Stroke."
- August 17, 2018, Mohammed Ilyas, MD, Epilepsy, Child Neurology Children's Mercy Hospital "Approach to Pediatric Seizure Semiologies."
- August 10, 2018, Tekk Burka, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology - University of Kansas Medical Center "Myotonic dystrophy and Analysis of their Motion Capture."
- August 3, 2018, Daniela Bota, MD, PhD, Associate Dean, Clinical Research - UC Irvine School of Medicine, "Experimental Therapies for Glioblastoma."
- July 27, 2018 - Richard Barohn, MD, Gary Gronseth, MD & Emmanuel Daon, MD, FACS. Vice Chancellor for Research, Professor and Interim Chair Neurology, Program Director, Cardiothoracic Surgery KUMC "Thymectomy for MG from the Viewpoint of a Neurologist and a Surgeon."
- July 13, 2018 - Ryan Townley, MD Cognitive Behavioral Fellowship, Mayo Clinic and Medical School, "F-FDG PET-CT Pattern in Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus"
- June 6, 2018 - Ania Hamasaki, MD, Neurophysiology Fellow, University of Kansas Medical Center,"VMR Scholarship Program Experience."
- June 6, 2018 - Emmanuel Mantilla, MD, Neurology Resident, University of Kansas Medical Center,"Neurology practice in the Philippines: A descriptive study and gap analysis."
- June 1, 2018 - Bhavana Sharma, MBBS, Neurology Fellow, University of Kansas Medical Center, "Treatment refractory Ocular Symptoms in Myasthenia Gravis."
- May 25, 2018 - Ernesto Alonso Labori, MD, Neurology Fellow, University of Kansas Medical Center, "Drug Resistant Epilepsy."
- May 18, 2018 - K. Michael Welch, MB, ChB, FRCP, President and CEO, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, IL , "Migraine as a Risk Factor for Cerebral and Cardiovascular Events."
- May 11, 2018 - Kristine Domingo, DO, Neurology Resident University of Kansas Medical Center, "Demystifying Twitches, Shakes, Jerks, and Jiggles: A Brief Overview."
- May 4, 2018 - Jaideep Kapur, MBBS, PhD, Professor of Neurology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, "Mechanisms and Treatment of Status Epilepticus."
- April 20, 2018 - Vernon Rowe, MD, Rowe Neurology Institute, Adjunct Professor of Neurology, University of Kansas School of Medicine - "Why Medicine Needs Physician Scientists and How to Train Them."
- April 13, 2018 - Pushpa Narayanaswami, MD, FAAN (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School Teaching Hospital) - "Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophies A-Z: Demystifying the Alphabet Soup."
- March 30, 2018 - Tasheen Mozaffar, MD (UC Irvine) - "The Evolving Classification of Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies: Myopathologic and Serologic Advances."
- March 23, 2018 - Brenda Banwell, MD (The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) - "Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis: Journey of a Clinical Investigator."
- 2nd ANNUAL PARDO LECTURE
- March 16, 2018 - Daniel Hanley, MD (Johns Hopkins) - "Brain Hemorrhage: An Orphan Disease, Alteplase + EVD(s) for IVH: A History of Clinical Trials in the Neuro ICU."
- BOHAN LECTURE
- March 9, 2018 - Matthew Varon, MD - "Migraine: Overview of acute treatment and review of the literature."
- March 9, 2018 - Hala Samman, MD - "Sleep Origins, Importance and Circadian Rhythms."
- March 2, 2018 - Jeffrey Kutcher, MD (CORE Inst) - "The Comprehensive Neurological Approach to Athlete Brain Health."
- February 23, 2018 - Randolf Nudo, MD (KUMC Rehab Med) - "Advances in Closed-Loop Deep Brain Stimulation For Movement Disorders."
- February 9, 2018 - Gregory Day, MD (Washington Univ - St. Louis) - "Rapidly Progressive Dementia in the Outpatient Clinic"
- February 2, 2018 - Samden Lhatoo, MD (Case Western Reserve Univ) - "SUDEP (Sudden Death in Epilepsy Patients)"
- January 26, 2018 - Kausik Si, PhD (Stowers Institute) - "What Memories are Made of"
- January 19, 2018 - Valerie French, MD (KUMC OB/Gyn) - "The Unintended: Contraception for Neurologists"
- January 12, 2018 - Shamik Shah, MD, MPH - "An Updated Review on Cardioembolic Sources of Stroke" (presentation from 00:00-29:29)
- January 12, 2018 - Amanda Thuringer, MD - "Autoimmune Encephalitis" (presentation from 30:00-60:00)
- January 5, 2018 - Mairaj Sami, MD, MS (KUMC Neurosurgery, PGY5) - "Single Neuron Activity Within The Somatosensory/Motor Cortex During De Novo Learning of a Skilled Motor Task"
- December 15, 2017 - Phil Lee, Ph.D. - "Pharmacogenetics Using MRS"
- December 8, 2017 - Jeffrey Statland, MD - "Current FSHD Research"
- December 1, 2017 - Yoon-Hee Cha, MD (Laureate Institute for Brain Research, Tulsa OK) - "Neuroimaging and Neuromodulation in Mal de Debarquement Syndrome"
- Novmeber 17, 2017 - Eric Vidoni, PhD - "We need to recruit how many? Meeting current AD trial participation challenges"
- November 10, 2017 - Amanda Peltier, MD (Vanderbilt) - "Autonomic Neuropathy: Where Peripheral and Autonomic Disorders Meet."
- November 3, 2017 - Matthew Rizzo, MD (Univ of Nebraska) - "Smart Cars, Sick Brains"
- October 27, 2017 - Matthew Wicklund, MD (Univ of Colorado) - "Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophies: Genetic Diagnosis and Treatments"
- October 20, 2017 - Paul Mehta, MD (Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta GA) - "Learn How the National ALS Registry Advances Research" /li>
- October 13, 2017 - Kamal Gupta, MD (KUMC Cardiology) - "Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Disease: Where Are We Today and Where Are We Going?"
- September 29, 2017 - Suzanne Stevens, MD - "Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulator for OSA"
- September 22, 2017 - Amber Conn (KUMC Driving & Mobility Services) - "Fitness to Drive"
- September 15, 2017 - James Berry, MD (Harvard) - "Update on ALS Clinical Research"
- September 8, 2017 - Laura Herbelin, BSc - "Multicenter Trials - Do I or Do I Not? Or Should I Just Stock Shelves For a Living?"
- September 1, 2017 - Russell Swerdlow, MD - "Update From a Bioenergetics-Focused Alzheimer's Treatment"
- August 25, 2017 - Mazen Dimachkie, MD - "Challenges in Entrapments & Axonal vs. Demyelinating Neuropathies"
- August 18, 2017 - Scott Harper, PhD (The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus OH) - "Developing Models and Molecular Therapies for FSHD"
- August 11, 2017 - In-Young Choi, PhD - "Disease Progression and Neurodegeneration in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis: Neuroimaging Studies"
- August 4, 2017 - Randal Halfmann, MD (Stowers Institute, KCMO) - "Discovery and Biological Characterization of Prion-Like Switches"
- July 28, 2017 - Mamatha Pasnoor, MD - "Diabetic Neuropathy: Where Are We Now?"
- July 21, 2017 - Patrick Landazuri, MD - "Cortical Mapping: Implications for Localization, Epilepsy and Neurosurgery"
- July 14, 2017 - Richard Dubinsky, MD - "When Good Ideas Meet Bad Data. A Tale of Two Systematic Reviews"
- July 7, 2017 - Tekalign Burka, MD - "Neurology Burden in Ethiopia"
- KUMC VMR Scholarship Lecture
Academic Year 2016-2017
- June 23, 2017 - Kathrin Husmann, MD - "Brain Death"
- June 9, 2017 - Frank Gilliam, MD (University of Kentucky) - "Limbic Dysfunction in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy: Clinical and Imaging Correlates"
- 11th Annual Dewey Ziegler, MD Neurology Professorship
- June 2, 2017 - John W. Rose, MD (University of Utah) - "Monoclonal Antibodies In The Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis: Focus On Daclizumab"
- May 26, 2017 - Matthew Markert, MD, PhD - "Neurosurgery, Epilepsy, and Global Health - Reflections on a Kathmandu Experience"
- KUMC VMR Scholarship Lecture
- May 19, 2017 - Nida Faheem, MD - "Neuroprotection After Acute Ischemic Stroke"
- May 12, 2017 - Robert Murphy, MD - "Overview of Therapeutic Options in Idopathic Inflammatory Myopathies"
- May 5, 2017 - Bhavana Patel, DO - "Deep Brain Stimulation: Past, present, future"
- April 21, 2017 - Ernesto Alonso, MD - "Intractable Epilepsy: Drug Resistant Epilepsy"
- April 14, 2017 - Matthew Sharrock, MD - "Lost in Translation: Why have promising TBI treatments failed?"
- April 7, 2017 - Richard Barohn, M.D. - "Pattern Recognition for Muscle Diseases with Case Examples" .
- March 31, 2017 - Sanjeev Keshary, M.D. - "Are Cervical Lymph Nodes the Fortune Tellers of Vasospasm After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemmorhage?" .
- March 24,2017 - Melanie Glenn, M.D. - "Myotonic Dystrophy: Management and Future Directions"
- March 17, 2017 - E. Steve Roach, M.D. (Nationwide Children's, Columbus, OH) - "Stroke Due to Sickle Cell Disease: Lessons from Two Decades of Clinical Trials"
- March 10, 2017 - Anai Hamasaki, M.D. - "ALS and Hyperexcitability"
- March 3, 2017 - Rajesh Pahwa, M.D. - "Advances in the Treatment of Parkinson's Disease"
- February 24, 2017 - Gary Gronseth, M.D. - "Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus: The Evidence" .
- February 3, 2017 - Omar Jawdat, M.D. - "ALS Symptom Management" /li>
- January 27, 2017 - Muhammad Nashatizadeh, M.D. - "Sensory Phenomena in Movement Disorders" /li>
- January 20, 2017 - Carol Ulloa, M.D. - "A Reappraisal of the University of Kansas Comprehensive Epilepsy Center" .
- January 13, 2017 - Jean-Baptiste LePichon, M.D. (Children's Mercy) - "Exomes, Genomes, GWAS and Still No Answers"
- December 16, 2016 - Richard Barohn, M.D. - "Immunosuppressive Therapies"/"Overview of the Treatment of Autoimmune Neuromuscular Disease" or /li>
- December 9, 2016 - David B. Carr, M.D., (Washington University SOM) - "Functional Correlates of Early CNS Disease: Should We Steer Away from 'Pre-Clinical' Labels?"
- December 2, 2016 - Chris Weihl, M.D., (Washington University SOM) - "Genetic Discovery and Pathomechanism in Hereditary Myopathies" .
- November 11, 2016, Michael Abraham, M.D., "Where to Go and What to Chase: Endovascular Uncertainties" /li>
- November 4, 2016, Raghav Govindarajan, M.D., (University of Missouri-Columbia) -"Developing a Teaching Curriculum for Teleneurology"
- October 28, 2016, Mitchell Berger, M.D., "Surgical Advances in the Treatment of Brain Tumors"
- October 21, 2016, Ara Hall, M.D. (Children's Mercy Hospital) - "Ketogenic Diet - Beyond Epilepsy"
- October 14, 2016, Yuebing Li, MD, PhD (Cleveland Clinic) - "Clinical Utility of a Few Paraneoplastic Antibodies"
- October 7, 2016, Martha Morrell, MD (Stanford University) - "Neuromodulation for the Treatment of Epilepsy: Brain Responsive Stimulation and Insights from Long-term Ambulatory ECoG Monitoring"
- September 30, 2016 - Anahit Mehrabyan, MD (University of North Carolina) - "Paraneoplastic Syndromes of PNS"
- September 23, 2016 - Steven Zeiler, MD, PhD (Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center) - "Stroke Recovery: Timing, Training and Biological Determinants"
- September 16, 2016 - Richard Barohn, MD - "History of Neurology Part 2B - USA"
- September 9, 2016 - Steven Soper, PhD (Foundation Distinguished Professor, Univ of KS) - "A Multidisciplinary Approach for Generating a Point-of-Care in Vitro Diagnostic for Stroke"
- September 2, 2016 - Jeff Burns, MD - "Exercise in the Fight Against Alzheimer's"
- August 26, 2016 - Scott Belliston, DO (MS Fellow) - "The Present and Future of Multiple Sclerosis"
- August 12, 2016 - Oscar Guillamondegui, MD - "Multidisciplinary Traumatic Brain Injury Clinics and Head Injury Program" - View Neurosurgery Department details here.
- August 5, 2016 - Patrick Landazuri, MD - "Minimally Invasive Epilepsy Surgery -- Is it Better?"
- July 29, 2016 - Richard Barohn, MD - "Update on Treatment of Myasthenia Gravis"
- July 22, 2016 - Michael Rippee, MD - "What's New in Concussion"
- July 15, 2016 - Utku Uysal, MD - "Treatment of Super-Refractory Status Epilepticus."
- July 8, 2016 - William Brooks, PhD - "Translational Imaging Studies in Traumatic Brain Injury"
Academic Year 2015-2016
- June 24, 2016 - Karthika Veerapaneni, MD - "Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease"
- June 10, 2016 - Robert Murphy, MD - "Statin-Associated Necrotizing Myopathies and the Role of Antibody Testing"
- June 3, 2016 - Dr. James C. Grotta - "Ziegler Lecture-"Mobile Stroke Team Units: Bringing Acute Stroke Treatment to the Patient"
- May 27, 2016 - Megan Baumgardner, DO - "Overview of Neurodegenerative Diseases Through Case Presentations"
- May 20, 2016 - Robert Reynders, DO - "End of Life Care or Life Care? The Role of Palliative Medicine"
- May 13, 2016 - Cynthia Costa, MD - "Controversies in Acute Stroke Care"
- May 6, 2016 - Phaedra Dowell, MD - "Beyond Coordination: The Cerebellum's Lesser Known Role in Cognition and Behavior."
- April 22, 2016 - Paul Berger, DO - "Intrathoracic Pressure and the Effect on ICP"(Grand Rounds presentation begins at the 22:00 mark). /li>
- April 8, 2016 - Ghazala Hayat, MD (St. Louis University SOM) - "CPEO PLUS: A Clinical Continuum"
- April 1, 2016 - Andres Deik, MD (University of Pennsylvania) - "Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for the Treatment of Dystonia"
- March 25, 2016 - Mamatha Pasnoor, MD & Patricia Kluding, PT, PhD - "ADAPT - Activity for People with Diabetic Neuropathy" or
- March 18, 2016 - Patrick Landazuri, MD - "Non-Convulsive and Refractory Status Epilepticus - Challenges and Unknowns"
- March 11, 2016 - Hans Katzberg, MD - "Muscle Cramps in Neuromuscular Disease"
- March 4, 2016 - Daniel Yoshor, MD (Neurosurgery) - "Neurosurgical Investigations of the Visual Cortex"
- February 26, 2016 - Manoj Mittal, MD - "Marijuana!! Are We Ready For It?"
- February 12, 2016 - Richard Barohn, MD - "History of Neurology: Part 1"
- February 5, 2016 - Laura Herbelin, BS - "So You Think You Want to Do Research, Huh?" or
- January 29, 2016 - Richard Dubinsky MD, MPH - "Shared Decision Making" or
- January 22, 2016 - Eric Ecklund-Johnson, MD - "Assessment of Validity of Symptoms/Performance by Neuropsychologists"
- January 15, 2016 - Jean-Baptiste LePichon, MD, PhD (Children's Mercy) - "On the Role of Genomic Medicine in the Practice of Neurology: An Update" or
- January 8, 2016 - Fred Plapp, MD - "Rapid Reversal of Anticoagulation in Patients with Intracerebral Hemorrhage" or /li>
- 2015 - Michael Abraham, M.D. - /li>
- December 18, 2015 - Suzanne Stevens, MD - "Trips, Tricks, and Know-How for Treating Sleep Disorders in Neurologic Disease" or
- December 11, 2015 - Mazen Dimachkie, MD - "Advances in Inclusion Body Myositis"
- December 4, 2015 - Marilyn Rymer, MD & Rhea Pimentel, MD - "Atrial Fibrillation and Cryptogenic Stroke: Is There a Link?"
- November 20, 2015 - Yunxia Wang, MD - "Functional Neurological Symptoms Disorder (FND)"
- November 13, 2015 - Russell Swerdlow, MD - "The Bedside Cognitive Exam in the Evaluation of Dementia"
- November 6, 2015 - Jeffrey Statland, MD - "Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy: The Road to Disease-Directed Thereapies" or span> as a PDF.
- October 30, 2015 - Sandra Billinger, PT, PhD, FAHA - "Cerebral Blood Velocity Regulation During Progressive Exercise With and Without Beta-Amyloid"
- October 23, 2015 - Richard Barohn, MD - "Common' Neuromuscular Disorders for Neurologists/Neurosurgeons"
- October 16, 2015 - Lisa Stehno-Bittel, PT, PhD - "Moving Laboratory Inventions to the Market: It Sounds so Easy"
- October 9, 2015 - Dr. Leslie Baxter - "Mapping the Brain: Application for Pre-surgical Patients and Potential Strategies for the Future"
- October 2, 2015 - Dr. Jonathan Kantz - "Innovative Trial Designs or Clinical Effectiveness Research at the Bedside."
- September 25, 2015 - Dr. Stacy Rudnicki - "Weight Loss, Nutrition and ACLS"
- September 22, 2015 - Dr. Russell Swerdlow - "Energy Failure and Mitochondrial Cascades in Alzheimer's Disease"
- September 4, 2015 - Dr. Cynthia Costa - Watch a video of her grand rounds, "Stroke treatment in Kansas. Where were we and where are we headed?"
- August 14, 2015 - Dr. David Klein - "Common & Uncommon Nerve Entrapments"
- August 7, 2015 - Dr. Nicholas Johnson - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Update in Myotonic Dystrophy"
- July 24, 2015 - Dr. Phil Lee - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Microstructural changes in Multiple Sclerosis."
- July 17, 2015 - Dr. Kimberly Johnson Hatchett - Watch a video of her grand rounds, "Neurological Complications from Diabetes: An Ominous yet Hopeful Tell"
Academic Year 2014-2015
- June 19, 2015 - Dr. Aaron Bubolz - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Pharmacologic Considerations in the Outpatient Treatment of Status Migrainosus"
- June 5, 2015 - Dr. Stephen Hauser - Ninth annual Dewey Ziegler lecture. Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Beating MS: A Story of B-Cells". A brief presentation by Dr. Richard Barohn precedes the annual lecture celebrating former neurology chairman Dr. Dewey Ziegler.
- May 29, 2015 - Dr. William Couldwell - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Evolution of Modern Skull Base Surgery"
- May 15, 2015 - Dr. John Kissel - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "The Patient With Myalgia: Myths, Muscle Diseases, and (A Little) Madness,"
- May 8, 2015 - Dr. Duaa Jabari - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Diagnostic Outcome of Muscle Biopsy"
- April 17, 2015 - Dr. Abhijit Lele and Dr. Kushal Shah - Watch a video of their grand rounds, "Hemicraniectomy for Large Hemispheric Infarction"
- April 10, 2015 - Dr. Kenneth VanOwen - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "How Can I Have a Normal EMG When I Am In Pain?"
- March 27, 2015 - Dr. Todd Levine - Watch a video of his grand rounds, "Small Fiber Neuropathy: More than just burning feet and gabapentin"
- March 26, 2015 - Dr. Todd Levine - Watch a video of his Kansas City Neurology/Neurosurgery Society lecture, "Challenges of neurologic private practice"
- March 13, 2015 - Dr. Rahman Pourmand - Watch a video of his talk, "Autoimmune/Paraneoplastic Neuromuscular Diseases"
- Feb. 13, 2015 - Dr. J.B. Le Pichon - Watch a video of his talk, "The acute flaccid myelitis epidemic of 2014, isolated incident or a sign of more to come?"
- Feb. 6, 2015 - Dr. Keith Coffman - Watch a video of his talk, "Tourette Syndrome"
- Jan. 30, 2015 - Dr. James Applebaum - Watch a video of his talk, "Neurology of Politics"
- Jan. 16, 2015 - Dr. Marilyn Rymer - Watch a video of her talk, "Kansas Heart and Stroke Collaborative: Transforming Healthcare Together"
- Dec. 12, 2014 - Dr. Mamatha Pasnoor - Watch a video of her talk, "Autonomic Dysfunction and Testing."
- Nov. 7, 2014 - Dr. Russell Swerdlow - Watch a video of his talk, "Bioenergetic Medicine for Neurologic Disorders."
- Oct. 31, 2014 - Dr. April McVey - Watch a video of her talk, "End of Life Issues in ALS."
- Oct. 17, 2014 - Dr. Mazen Dimachkie - Watch a video of his talk, "Entrapment Neuropathies: An Update."
- Oct. 10, 2014 - Dr. Richard Barohn - Watch a video of his talk, "Advice for Young Investigators Involved in Clinical and Translational Research."
- Oct. 3, 2014 - Dr. Jonathan Miller - Watch a video of his talk, "New Approaches to Stereo-EEG."
- Oct. 2, 2014 - Dr. Mazen Dimachkie - "Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies: An Update."
- Sept. 26, 2014 - Dr. Edward A. Neuwelt - Watch a video of his talk, "Delivery of chemotherapeutics across the Blood-Brain Barrier: challenges and advances."
- Sept. 12, 2014 - Dr. Michael Abraham - Watch a video of his talk, "Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: The Plumbing."
- Sept. 5, 2014 - Dr. In-Young Choi - Watch a video of her talk, "Cerebral Antioxidant Defenses in Aging and Neurodegeneration."
- August 29, 2014 - Dr. Nicholas Silvestri - Watch a video of his talk, "HyperCKemia."
- August 8, 2014 - Dr. Leo Wang - Watch a video of his talk, "Facioscapulohumeral dystrophy: New disease mechanisms and potentials for treatment."
- July 18, 2014 - Dr. Dipika Aggarwal - Watch a video of her talk, "Epilepsy surgery: an under-utilized treatment modality."
- July 11, 2014 - Dr. Tara Quesnell - Watch a video of her talk, "Alcohol and the Nervous System."
Academic Year 2013-2014
- June 27, 2014 - Dr. Omar Jawdat - Watch a video of his talk, "Late-Onset Pompe Disease: A Review."
- June 13, 2014 - Dr. Kyle Carpenter - Watch a video of his talk, "Multimodality Neuromonitoring in the ICU."
- June 6, 2014 - Dr. Thomas G. Brott - Eighth Annual Ziegler Lecture. Watch a video of his talk, "Carotid Artery Disease for 2020 and Beyond!"
- April 18, 2014 - Dr. Richard Barohn - Watch a video of his talk, "IVIG or Plasmapheresis for Neuromuscular Disease"
- March 7, 2014 - Dr. David Saperstein - Watch a video of his talk, "We Know How to Treat CIDP, Now What?"
- March 6, 2014 - Dr. Paul Camarata - Watch a video of his talk, "Over the Shoulder of Walter Dandy: Medical Illustrations Discovered," at the Kansas City Neurology/Neurosurgery Society.
- January 29, 2014 - Dr. Richard Barohn - Watch a video of his grand rounds given at the University of Colorado, "Diagnosis, Treatment and Research for ALS: Old and New Ideas."
- January 17, 2014 - Crystal Cameron-Vedros - Watch a video of her talk, "Navigating the Waters of Open Access."
- January 3, 2014 - Dr. Richard Barohn - Watch a video of his talk, "A Tale of 5 IND's"
- December 13, 2013 - Dr. David Clifford - Watch a video of his talk, "Neurosarcoidosis."
- November 8, 2013 - Dr. Joseph Maroon watching a video of his talk, "The Secrets of Longevity: The New Science of Epigenetics."
- October 25, 2013 - Dr. Robert C. Griggs - Watch a video of his talk, "Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy." Also, see another lecture given by Dr. Griggs, "The Experimental Therapeutics of Rare Diseases,"which was given in connection with the nomination of Dr. Richard Barohn, Chairman of the KU Medical Center Neurology Department, as a University Distinguished Professor.
- October 4, 2013 - Dr. Aziz Shaibani - Watch a video of his talk, "The Power of Placebo in Medicine," and see a brief interview of Dr. Shaibani after the lecture.
- September 27, 2013 - Dr. Jonathan S. Katz - Watch a video of his talk, "A Deep Dive Into The Neuropathy Work-Up,".
- August 23, 2013 - Dr. Chester V. Oddis - watch a video of Dr. Oddis' presentation, followed by an interview of Dr. Oddis conducted by Dr. Richard Barohn and Dr. Mazen Dimachkie. (Interview starts at 59:40 in the video).