KU Medical Center and the Department of Neurology are committed to providing our residents and fellows with a competitive annual salary and benefits package. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical and dental plans, paid time off and retirement plans.
Visit the KU Medical Center's Office of Graduate Medical Education website for residents and fellows' current academic year stipends. This information applies to residents and fellows training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas, campus.
- Residents and fellows are eligible for an educational stipend to attend a conference or for the purchase of books, CDs, or other educational materials subject to the approval of the program.
- Access to KU's medical library is given for house staff to browse electronic journals without a subscription.
- Malpractice insurance coverage is provided to all employees.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Worker's compensation insurance.
- Retirement programs.
Vacation and leave
- Residents and fellows are eligible for time off benefits. Holiday call will be equitably distributed by the program director.
- Residents and fellows receive three weeks of paid vacation each academic year.
- Sick leave is time that can be used in case of illness or injury. Residents and fellows are allowed 10 non-cumulative days of sick leave each year.
- Extended leave without pay is given for reasons of family or person illness, serious health conditions, disability, or the birth or adoption of a child.
- Access to Kirmayer Fitness Center, KU Medical Center's onsite fitness center at a discounted rate
- Laundry service
- Meal allowance
For more detailed information about the benefits we offer, check out these resources.