Take a look at the schedule our fellows follow during our training program.
|NNM1||NNM2||EEG/KU Epilepsy/CMH||VA - CNP|
|July||Fellow 1||Fellow 2||Fellow 3|
|August||Fellow 1||Fellow 2||Fellow 3|
|September||Fellow 2||Fellow 3||Fellow 1|
|October||Fellow 2||Fellow 1|
|November||Fellow 1||Fellow 2|
|December||Fellow 1||Fellow 2|
|January||Fellow 1||Fellow 2 (CMH)|
|February||Fellow 1||Fellow 2|
|March||Fellow 2||Fellow 1|
|April||Fellow 2||Fellow 1|
|May||Fellow 1 (CMH)||Fellow 2|
|June||Fellow 1||Fellow 2|
- NMM 1 = Includes inpatient consults with option of inpatient electromyography (EMG)
- NMM 2 = Includes inpatient electromyography (EMG) with option of inpatient consults
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)/Epilepsy = One month will be spent at Children’s Mercy Hospital (CMH)
Tentative Kansas City VA schedule
|Morning||EMG - PMR||EMG- Nayak||EMG – Johnson||EMG – PMR/
Starts at 12:30
|Afternoon||Seizure Clinic – Singh||Neuromuscular Clinic – Johnson||Neuromuscular Clinic – Nayak||EMG – Johnson||Seizure Clinic – Frederick|
Three to five electroencephalograms (EEGs) are performed daily. Fellows read the EEG with the inpatient attending at the end of the day or the next morning depending on the length of clinic.
Weekends are off.
There are no clinics or procedures on federal holidays, including the following:
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Memorial Day
Our fellows are required to attend the following didactics each week.
- 7:30-8 a.m. – Neuromuscular Research Checklist meeting (Conference call available)
- 7-8 a.m. – Neuromuscular Lecture Series (Zoom meeting occasionally offered)
- Noon-1 p.m. – Biopsy Conference/Journal Club
- 2nd Wednesday of each month – Journal Club (Required attendance)
- 7-8 a.m. – Electromyography (EMG) Case Discussion
- 8-9 a.m. – EBM Lecture Series
- 7-9 a.m. – Neurology/Neurosurgery Case Presentations/Grand Rounds (Fellows present once a year)
Other educational opportunities
Clinical Neurophysiology fellows are invited to participate in the Neuromuscular Fellowship Journal Club on the second Monday of each month. Fellows and neuromuscular faculty present and critically review an article, analyze study design, statistical methods and conclusions using the principles of evidence-based medicine.
Neuromuscular Section Meeting is on the fourth Monday of the month. It is open to neuromuscular faculty and neuromuscular fellows.