Abstracts will be accepted starting July 24th, 2023, and the submission deadline is August 23rd, 2023. Abstracts received after the August 23rd, 2023, deadline will not be accepted, and incomplete abstracts will be considered ineligible for inclusion.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE EXTENSION - August 30th, 2023
Abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission REDCap. A word document upload of the abstract is required using 11 pt. Arial font with 1-inch margins. No faxed copies, discs, thumb drives or email submissions will be accepted.
If including a graphic (table, image, etc.), please include a maximum of 1.
Multiple abstract submissions will be allowed; however, will be limited to no more than 2 abstract submissions per presenting author.
Abstracts from posters presented at IM Research Day 2022 are ineligible unless additional research data has been captured since the initial presentation.
If submitting an abstract that has been previously presented at another scientific meeting, it must have been presented within the last 2 years.
All abstracts must be submitted using the template and must follow formatting guidelines as these submitted abstracts will be published in the Research Day 2023 Booklet.
In most cases, abstracts will be automatically accepted for presentation during the poster session. If the submission does not adhere to the specified criteria, individuals will be notified by August 28th that they have not been selected to present.
Presenting authors will be assigned a 1-hour window to be present at their posters for judging.
Posters for the event will be printed and paid for by the Department of Internal Medicine. Poster files will be due to IMROemail@example.com by Monday, September 11th at 5pm, CDT. More details regarding the poster template and poster presentation schedule will follow in the coming weeks.
A compendium of abstracts will be published and made available to everyone via the IM Research Day webpage.
- The title should be brief, but long enough to clearly identify the nature of the study.
- Do not include authors in the title. Abstracts containing authors in the title will be administratively withdrawn.
- Indicate the name and location of the institution where the work was done.
- If an author's name appears on more than one abstract, it must be identical on each abstract.
- Authors may submit up to 2 abstracts in which they are indicated as the first author.
- The presenting author will receive all notifications and communications related to the accepted abstract(s) and is responsible for informing all co-authors of acceptance.
- Author Disclosure: By submitting an abstract to be considered for presentation at Research Day, you agree to comply with KUMC’s Individual Financial Conflict of Interest and the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
The body of the abstract must include the following sections:
- Introduction/Background: summarize the purpose, scope and objectives of the study or research.
- Methods: describe the methods used to measure your study/research.
- Results: A summary of the results obtained.
- Conclusion: A statement of conclusions reached in your study or research. Do not simply state "The results will be discussed." (Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if this statement is made.)
- Funding Sources: will not be included in the word count.
- Tables/Figures: limited to one graphic; text in tables/figures will not be included in the word count.
- The abstract size is limited to 350 words (11pt Arial Font, 1-inch margins) in the abstract body, with an option of up to one image for inclusion in addition to the 350 words.
- Please do not include more than one table or graphic, limited in size to 2" height by 3" width.
Abstract Submission Portal
Abstract Submission Template
Abstract Submission Example