The Nephrology Fellowship program provides comprehensive training in clinical nephrology and in research in areas related to normal physiology and disease of the kidney.
Our training program has a rich tradition of academic excellence and national leadership:
- Our first-time board pass rate is 96 percent.
- 136 clinical and research fellows have matriculated through the Nephrology training program since 1970
- 41 fellows have been appointed to academic faculty positions
KUMC Nephrology Fast Facts
- 1045 Inpatient Beds at KU Hospital
- 196 Kidney or kidney/pancreas transplants in 2021
- 196 ICU beds
- 38 Research faculty
- 19 Clinical faculty
- 16 National ranking by hospital size
- 11 Years in US News & World Report Top 50
- 7 Millions of dollars in annual research funding
- 3 NIH-funded PKD centers in the United States, including KUMC
- 2 Homer Smith awardees among faculty