Our competitive benefits and salary package provides financial stability, health insurance and opportunities for professional and educational growth.
- Three weeks (15 work days) of vacation per year, not to be accumulated from year to year
- Two weeks (10 work days) of sick leave per year, not to be accumulated from year to year
- One week (5 days) of additional leave for the purpose of presenting at a national or international conference
- Three professional days for job interviews
- Three months of leave without pay for reasons including family or personal illness, serious health conditions, disability, or the birth or adoption of a child; All stipend payments and benefits will be suspended during a leave of absence. Any leave without pay time taken may extend the completion date of a fellow's training program.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Worker's Compensation
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Two embroidered white coats provided
- Smartphone stipend
- Staff physician garage parking
- Meal card with $15/week allotted
- Access to free and confidential counseling services, including test preparation
- Parental Leave: After one year continuous employment with KUMC, resident physicians are eligible for up to six week paid parental leave for the primary caregiver or three weeks paid parental leave for the secondary caregiver. Please visit KUMC HR Policy Website for more information.
- Mayo Clinic Infectious Diseases Board Review text
- Mandell's Textbook, PPID
- Stipend for live or web-based Infectious Diseases board review
- Stipend for travel to conferences, including IDWeek
- Desktop PC and iPad access
For more detailed references, view the GME Policy and Procedure Manual.