Schedules & Stipends
Interested in learning more about the benefits available for our resident? Review our schedules and stipends:
Each year the resident rotates in several different areas of dermatology including the following:
- First-year residents spend time at KU, VA and Children's Mercy Hospital.
- Second-year residents spend time at KU, VA, Children's Mercy, with some Mohs and Cosmetic clinics.
- Third years spend time at KU, VA, Children's Mercy, Mohs, Cosmetics, Electives, and Consult/Path
- Call is divided among the first, second, and third year residents in 1 week intervals.
- Third-year residents take consults during the day while they are on a Consult/Pathology rotation
View the current stipends for KUMC residents and fellows on the GME stipends page.
We staff clinics at the following locations:
"When I called my wife after my interview at KU and told her it was my No. 1 choice, it was because of the down-to-earth group of faculty and residents that were obviously very happy. More inportantly, after my three years of training, I can confidently say my residency prepared me to be an excellent clinician in all areas of dermatology, but specifically my own area of interest in pediatric dermatology. My instincts proved true, as the group of people I worked with were the exact co-workers you would like to have, and I have relationships with co-residents and faculty that will certainly be life-long bonds. "- Jacob Whitsitt, M.D., Class of 2019