Interested in applying to be a resident in the Division of Dermatology at KU? Review our application process:
The Division of Dermatology participates in the "March Match" sponsored by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Three to four positions are available each year. Our program is not categorically linked to any residency program at the University of Kansas. Applicants may choose where they wish to perform their preliminary PGY-1 rotation. To be eligible, residents must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must apply to the NRMP to obtain a match number.
- Applications for the Match must be received electronically through the ERAS program.
- Kansas State law requires graduation from an accredited medical or osteopathic school and passage of either National Boards (Parts I & II), USMLE (Parts I & II) or FLEX for licensure.
- Prior to entering the Dermatology residency, applicants must successfully complete a qualified internship year.
- All candidates are encouraged to submit their applications through ERAS as soon as possible.
- Items required include a Dean's letter from the graduating medical school, board scores, a personal statement of 500-1000 words, three letters of recommendation and medical school transcripts.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- The deadline for applications is Nov. 1.
- Supplemental application required by Nov. 15.
Response requested of all dermatology residency applicants.
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Kansas Medical Center specifically seeks applicants who will excel in our residency program, appreciate our culture, and who have a unique interest in our program.
To assist us in this process, we are asking that in addition to the ERAS application, you also submit answers to the following questions via email:
- Please describe your unique interest in our residency program.
- What strengths would you bring to our residency program?
- What is your favorite activity outside of medicine?
The subject line of your email should read:
APPLICANT KU DERMATOLOGY ANSWERS: Last name, first name, ERAS #: XXXXXXX
Please send responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th.
Individuals under strong consideration will be invited for interviews, which are held during the month of January.