Click here for current stipend schedules for KUMC residents
- Annual AAFP/ACOP Membership
- All life support training classes
- Residents are reimbursed for the Step 3 exam if it is taken before January in the 2nd year
- The ABFM Board exam study guide
- ABFM Board exam
Amenities and Supplies
- Covered parking
- Gym membership
- White coats
- Cellphone stipend
- Meal cards provided on several different rotations
- Student pricing for KU basketball and football tickets (also able to buy football tickets for spouse)
Continuing Medical Education (CME) for Residents
PGY1 - $1,000
PGY2- $1,000 and 5 days to use for CME
PGY3- $1,000 and 5 days to use for CME
Vacation and Leave
All PGY levels receive three weeks (15 business days) of vacation per year, which can be taken in one week blocks as a PGY1.
PGY2 and PGY3 residents can take five of their vacation days in smaller increments, such as one or two days at a time.
Vacation time does not accumulate year to year. Clinical duties will be divided in a manner that ensures each resident will have time off during the holidays.
All PGY's will receive up to 10 sick days per year. This number will start back at 10 at the beginning of the next academic year no matter if all days were not used.
Beginning the first day of residency, residents are eligible for up to 6 weeks of paid leave for parental leave or 12 weeks of FMLA leave. Refer to the Benefits page on our GME website for more details.
Twelve working days per year of military leave with pay for active duty or training purposes.