Interested in Applying?
Thank you for your interest in the Family Medicine Residency Program at the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC). Please review the basic requirements before you begin the application process.
- Completion of USMLE Step 1 (or COMLEX part 1) with a passing score prior to application.
- Completion of USMLE Step 2 CK (or COMLEX 2) with passing scores preferable prior to application. Passing scores must be documented in ERAS prior to the program's match list submission date.
- Must pass each exam (USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, or COMLEX 1 and 2) on the first or second attempt, preferably on the first attempt.
- Graduate from an LCME or AOA accredited medical school within 3 years of graduation.
- Be a permanent resident or citizen or able to obtain a J1 Visa through ECFMG.
- KU Family Medicine Residency is unable to sponsor H1B Visas.
- Obtain valid ECFMG Certificate for International Medical Graduates
- Able to obtain a Kansas medical license. See the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts website for details.
- Able to begin work on July 1st.
Applications accepted exclusively through the ERAS system. Applications are accepted through December 1.
ERAS applications must be complete to be considered, including:
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
Interviews and site visits
We will be hosting virtual interviews in the 2022-2023 interview season. We will review ERAS applications and send out interviews invites on Oct. 12. Interviews will start Nov. 9, 2022 and conclude with our final interview day on Dec. 21, 2022. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with our faculty and residents and take a virtual tour of the KUMC campus and the Family Medicine clinic. View an example interview schedule.
We recognize that the residency application process is critical to your career. Connecting with the right applicants for our program is also important to us. If there is anything that we can do to improve the application process for you or your family, do not hesitate to contact us:
Kristen Estrada, Senior Residency Program Coordinator, email@example.com
Feel free to call our Residency Office with any questions: 913-588-1902