Medical Student Research Program
The medical student research program provides medical students interested in anesthesiology an opportunity to focus on research and learn new methods and techniques in the field.
To provide interested medical students with a challenging and rewarding experience that exposes them to the opportunities within the medical field of anesthesiology and research.
Provide opportunities to support medical students focusing on anesthesiology research, training in scientific methods and techniques, and learning to incorporate research into a medical career.
Medical students can expect a formal mentor-protégé relationship with an experienced investigator, training in methods and research techniques, as well as clinical anesthesia activities.
Interested medical students should contact Dr. Erin Young at email@example.com and include:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae that outlines education experience in research and other professional educational activities
- List any anesthesiology or perioperative medicine experience
- Complete and attach application, must be received by March 1st, 2021.
There may be a short interview between the applicant, Dr. Hansen and the Research Manager, Dr. Angie Ballew, to:
- Review the applicant's CV
- Evaluate the level of participation in previous research experience
- Elicit particular areas of research interest
- Assess level of commitment the applicant can provide
- Address questions from the applicant
Summer Research Fellowship
Provide interested medical students in their first, second, or third years with an eight-week research experience within the anesthesiology department. During the fellowship, students will participate in research and training activities, as well as clinical anesthesia activities. In addition, medical student summer fellowships provide the opportunity to make a scientific presentation at the American Society of Anesthesiology annual meeting.