Submit all application materials through ERAS.
- Personal statement outlining interest in anesthesia
- ERAS application
- USMLE/Comlex Scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school Dean's letter
- Official medical school transcripts
NEW this interview season: ERAS Supplemental Application and ATLUS Suite
Supplemental ERAS application
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS and supplemental ERAS application is a requirement.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals- KUMC is requesting ALL applicants interested in our program to utilize the signal option, even if it is your home institution
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Altus Suite – Comprehensive Admissions Assessments
All applicants applying to the Anesthesiology Residency Program at The University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) are required to complete Altus Suite for the 2022/2023 admissions cycle.
Altus Suite is a standardized, multi-part online assessment that measures different competencies and attributes that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program. Altus Suite will complement the other tools that we use for applicant review and evaluation. In implementing Altus Suite, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our selection process.
Altus Suite consists of:
- Casper: 100-120 minute online, open-response situational judgment test
- Snapshot: 15-minute one-way video interview with standardized questions*
- Duet: 15-minute value-alignment assessment*
You will register for Altus Suite for CSP-20101. Assessment type is U.S. Graduate Medical Education – Residency Training.
Access TakeAltus.com to create an account and for more information on important dates and requirements, and the Altus Suite assessments.
Gina Hendren, MD
Number of PGY 1 (Clinical Base Year) Positions: 11
"I selected KU for residency because of the family-friendly feel I got from the program and past residents. I feel like KU does an excellent job of attracting residents with similar personalities that work well together."- Anesthesiology resident