The master's degree program in athletic training prepares students for a career as an entry-level athletic trainer. The program includes classroom, laboratory, scholarship, and clinical education opportunities.
Degree requirements are normally completed within two years of admission to the program although a maximum of seven years is allowed per university policy.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 68 credit hours.
- Successful completion of all required clinical experiences.
- Cumulative grade-point average of at least a 3.0 for all KU graduate course work.
- Enrollment in a minimum of one credit hour during the semester the student will graduate.
- Successful completion of all program courses below.
- Successful completion of the clinical reasoning capstone project.
- ATTR 701 Foundations in Athletic Training (1)
- ATTR 708 Applied Anatomy (1)*
- ATTR 709 Advanced Topics in Human Anatomy (6)*
- ATTR 713 Integrated Clinical Education I (2)
- ATTR 714 Evaluation & Management I (4)
- ATTR 716 Interventions I (2)
- ATTR 718 Documentation & Health Informatics (1)*
- ATTR 719 Applied Kinesiology & Biomechanics (4)*
- ATTR 723 Integrated Clinical Education II (2)
- ATTR 724 Evaluation & Management II (6)*
- ATTR 725 Research Seminar (1)
- ATTR 726 Interventions II (4)*
- ATTR 727 Clinical Reasoning I (1)
- ATTR 755 Pharmacology (2)*
- ATTR 793 Integrated Clinical Education III (1)
- ATTR 807 Clinical Reasoning II (1)
- ATTR 812 Health Care Administration (2)*
- ATTR 813 Clinical Experience I (2)
- ATTR 814 Evaluation & Management III (2)
- ATTR 816 Interventions III (3)
- ATTR 818 Medical Imaging (1)*
- ATTR 821 Athletic Training Seminar (1)
- ATTR 822 Behavioral Health (2)
- ATTR 824 Performance Enhancement (1)
- ATTR 827 Clinical Reasoning III (1)
- ATTR 837 Clinical Reasoning Capstone (1)
- ATTR 843 Clinical Experience II (4)
- ATTR 863 Integrated Clinical Education IV (1)
- ATTR 883 Clinical Experience III (8)
* Course shared in whole or in part with the physical therapy degree program.
Note: degree requirements and course descriptions are subject to change.
Aug 07, 2020