Preparing the Online Application
You're welcome to apply to the online degree completion program at any time. To allow for sufficient time for processing, we recommend you apply by:
- June 30 - fall semester
- November 15 - spring semester
The KU FAFSA priority deadline is March 1. We cannot process your FAFSA unless you have applied to the school (including receipt of application fee). You'll have more financial aid options if your application is submitted by early February. Learn more about financial aid.
Follow these steps to apply.
- Review the eligibility requirements, including information for international students.
- Review the technical standards.
- Gather the following information before beginning your online application:
- Resume—Upload a resume with the application. Have this file saved and ready before beginning.
- References—Select two individuals as references who will answer questions to provide a recommendation based on your performance in academic or professional settings. College instructors and past supervisors are good choices. A third reference may be an individual who knows the student on a personal level outside of a work or classroom setting. Please make sure each reference is willing to submit answers to the questionnaire online. They will receive a link via email.
- Transcripts—Arrange to have one official copy of each transcript from every college and university attended sent directly to KU Medical Center. If the institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to email@example.com. Paper transcripts can be mailed to the following address:
KU Department of Respiratory Care Education
Mail Stop 1013
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160
- Personal Statement Questions—On the application, please carefully and thoughtfully answer each of the questions presented.
Please note: Partial or incomplete applications may not be reviewed. Submit your completed application and pay the application fee. The application fee is paid when you click SUBMIT from the online application. Applicants can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by electronic check. U.S. banks only. Application fees are non-refundable. Electronic checks will be held for approximately six business days while the check clears.
Note: KU reserves the right to make changes to any admission requirement or policy at any time without notice.
Advising and Questions
Our School Certifying Official is John Hanysz, coordinator in the Registrar's Office. Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about this program and whether it's right for you, contact Cheryl Skinner, M.Sc., RRT, CPFT, at email@example.com. Cheryl is the coordinator for KU's online respiratory therapy programs.