Eligibility and Requirements
To participate in the respiratory care dual degree program, you must possess:
- overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for college coursework
- individual course grade of no less than "C" on each prerequisite course
- at least 30 credit hours
- membership in the American Association for Respiratory Care
- transfer credits must come from a regionally accredited educational program
- Human anatomy (lab recommended)
- Human physiology (lab recommended)
- Microbiology (lab recommended)
- English composition I and II
- Oral communication
- Humanities (2 courses)
Note: Students who have completed a single combined anatomy and physiology course will need to complete either a second, higher-level A&P course or take a course in physiology only.
Review the computer requirements. Course work requires a reliable computer and home broadband internet access is recommended.
English Language Proficiency
All students in the respiratory care program are required to have strong command of the English language. Students must meet the communication component of the technical standards in order to effectively communicate critical information to other health professionals and to the patient.