Applications are currently being accepted through June 30.
Priority Application Deadline: February 1
Steps to Apply
- Review the eligibility requirements, including information for international students.
- Review the technical standards.
- Gather the following information before beginning your online application:
- Resume—Upload a resume with the application. Have this file saved and ready before beginning.
- References—Two references need to be provided. Select one individual as a reference who will answer questions to provide a recommendation based on performance in academic or professional settings. College instructors and past supervisors are good choices. The second reference may be an individual who knows the student on a personal level outside of a work or classroom setting. Please make sure each reference is willing to submit answers to the questionnaire online. They will receive a link via email.
- Transcripts—Arrange to have one official copy of each transcript from every college and university attended sent directly to KU Medical Center. If the institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper transcripts can be mailed to Attn: KU Respiratory Care, Attn: Admissions, MS 1013 / 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160.
- Personal Statement Questions—On the application, please carefully and thoughtfully answer each of the questions presented.
Current KU students
Add the pre-respiratory care interest code to your file. This does not affect the designated major. Most KU students begin college study in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. During your first semester, contact Ashley Barry (email@example.com), on-campus student coordinator, to plan course work so prerequisites will be met on time.
Transfer students from other institutions
Contact Ashley Barry (firstname.lastname@example.org) for advising as soon as possible, as specific rules apply to how course work may transfer for credit toward a bachelor's degree at KU. A maximum of 64 credit hours may be transferred to the program from another academic institution. Note: To be transferable, prerequisite coursework must be from an educational institution that is regionally accredited. This is not the same as national accreditation.
Advising and Questions
We're here to answer questions and provide assistance as you explore the field of respiratory care! It is very important to contact us for advising as early as possible in your college career.
High school students, counselors and those in their early years of college study may contact Alex Lopez, our school's outreach and recruitment specialist, with questions at email@example.com or 913-588-1743 (711 TTY).
If you're interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree in respiratory care at KU, please contact Ashley Barry, MPH, RRT a clinical assistant professor and on-campus program student coordinator, to schedule an advising session.
Note: please select KU Medical Center campus location in the online application.
Partial or incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
Please submit your completed application and pay the application fee. The application fee is paid when you click SUBMIT from the online application. Applicants can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by electronic check. U.S. banks only. Application fees are non-refundable. Electronic checks will be held for approximately six business days while the check clears.