How to Apply
Complete these steps to apply to the master's degree program in athletic training at KU.
To apply to KU's master of science in athletic training program, you must fill out an online application through the Athletic Training Centralized Application System (ATCAS). ATCAS is a service provided by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education to aid in the process of applying to athletic training programs. It allows you to upload information and supporting documents to one centralized location and then select from participating programs.
- Review our full list of program eligibility requirements, including information for international students, to ensure you are ready to apply.
- Review the technical standards.
- Gather the information below before beginning your online application.
Applicants are asked to explain personal and professional goals and reasons for interest in this academic program. Answers will be entered as plain text into the designated fields in the online application via ATCAS.
When you complete the online application, you will enter the names and contact information (including email addresses) of three individuals who will provide letters of recommendation.
One reference must be received from a credentialed athletic trainer. The other two should be from a faculty member, advisor, employer, etc. who can objectively attest to the applicant's aptitude, experience and character.
The recommendations may not be obtained from family members, friends, etc.
Please make sure each reference is willing to submit their reference online. They will receive an email from ATCAS prompting them to provide their recommendation.
Arrange to have one official copy of each transcript, from every college and university attended, sent directly to the program via ATCAS. Students may not receive transcripts and forward them.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency through either the TOEFL or IELTS testing systems. The test must have been taken within two (2) years of the first semester of enrollment. Results must be provided directly to KU by the testing service using ETS school code 6895. Photocopies of scores will not be accepted.
After ATCAS Application
Following the ATCAS application, you will need to provide KU with two additional items to secure your position in the next class:
- Applicants will receive instructions for submitting a secondary application to the University of Kansas using the Slate online application. A $6.00 supplemental KU application fee will be charged at this time.
- If offered admission to the program, students will receive directions to provide a non-refundable deposit of $100. This amount will be applied toward your first summer tuition and fees if you enter the program. If you change your plans and you decide not to enter the program at any time, your deposit will not be refunded.
July 1: Online ATCAS application opens.
March 15: Regular deadline to submit application in ATCAS.
April 22, 2022: Extended application deadline to submit application in ATCAS (for 2022 only).
These dates are subject to change for future admissions cycles.
Financial Aid Deadlines
Complete your FAFSA prior to KU's March 1 priority deadline for the best opportunity for financial aid. KU cannot process your FAFSA unless you have applied to the school (including receipt of application fee). You'll have more financial aid options by submitting an application by early February.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.