Why Choose KU
What sets us apart? With top-ranked and flexible programs in occupational therapy, it's easy to see why students choose KU.
Whether it's our stellar reputation or award winning-research, there are many reasons why students say KU is their top choice for an education.
Here are the top 6 reasons why our students chose KU:
- Our top-ranked programs—Consistently ranked among the top programs in the nation, KU trains leaders in occupational therapy.
- Exceptional faculty—Our world-renowned faculty are internationally recognized for their expertise.
- Career growth and potential—Our graduates are highly sought after. Work settings across the nation both train and employ KU graduates. Employers want to hire KU graduates whenever they can because they know our students are well prepared and ready for practice.
- Academic medical center environment—Study alongside leading clinicians at the KU Medical Center, which has a long-standing reputation for teaching compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care.
- Thriving city—Here in Kansas City, we have a strong arts community, a wide range of sports and entertainment, one of the strongest local restaurant communities and easy access for travel.
- Community outreach —With the free occupational and physical therapy JaySTART Clinic, we serve the community we live in and give back while training our students under licensed professionals.
"I chose KU because the KU Occupational Therapy program was recognized as one of the top OT programs."- Kerri Cunningham, MOT Class of 2018