Tuition, Costs and Financial Assistance
Learn costs and financial aid options for KU's doctor of audiology (Au.D.) program.
You'll find the cost of an education at the University of Kansas is competitive with other top doctoral programs in audiology. The costs below are an estimate of expenses for full-time students finishing the audiology degree program in four years.
Tuition and fees differ based on the location of specific courses on the KU Lawrence campus and/or at the KU Medical Center campus. The higher campus rate was used in the table below. Students are assessed both campus fees if courses are taken in the same semester at both locations.
You pay tuition and fees at the beginning of each semester. Visit the Registrar's Comprehensive Fee Schedule for complete, current tuition information. The Kansas Board of Regents establishes tuition and fees, and they may change at any time without notice. Tuition and fees calculator.
Tuition and Fees
Estimated total tuition and fees for Kansas residents
|Graduate Tuition - Resident||$421.15/credit hour||100 credit hours to complete degree||$42,115|
|Campus Fees (Spring and Fall)||$491.95/semester||8 semesters||$3,935.60|
|Campus Fees (Summer)||$63/semester||3 semesters||$189|
|Online Course Fees||$100/credit hour||4 credit hours||$400|
|Estimated total tuition and fees||$46,639.60|
Estimated total tuition and fees for non-residents
|Graduate Tuition - Non-Resident||$1,000.95/credit hour||100 credit hours to complete degree||$100,095|
|Campus Fees (spring & fall)||$491.95/semester||8 semesters||$3,935.60|
|Campus Fees (summer)||$63/semester||3 semesters||$189|
|Online course fee||$100/credit hour||4 credit hours||$400|
|Estimated total tuition and fees for non-residents||$104,619.60|
Note: Because this program is offered on both the KU Medical Center and Lawrence campuses, it's important to manage coursework so that it doesn't take place at both campus locations during the same semester.
* Students will be assessed a class fee of $1,250 each time they enroll in AUD 843 Clinical Practicum in Audiology. The total cost for this fee in the first year is $2,500. The total cost for this fee in the second year is $2,500. Revenue from this fee will be used to support costs associated with clinical education within the on-campus clinic and to develop and maintain a clinical skills training lab.
The following items are required for students, but are not paid directly to KU; therefore, costs may not be determined by the program.
- Calipso – an online database used for clinical activities. This one-time registration fee covers all four years in the program.
- Background check report – includes a one-time fee is paid by the student directly to reporting agency after admission to the program. See details. In addition, a drug screening may be required for students in the program participating at clinical sites.
- Computer – must meet the program's minimum requirements
- Hardcopy and online textbooks ($1,321 per year, estimated)
- Room and board, transportation and other needs