If you’ve ever been seen by a doctor, shopped for medicine at a pharmacy or purchased health care insurance, you’ve been influenced by the work of a health information management (HIM) professional. HIM professionals connect the people, processes, technology, data and information security that makes our health care industry work. Explore the many career paths in our field.
The KU Department of Health Information Management improves lives and communities in Kansas and beyond through innovative, applied learning in partnership with our students.
To lead the nation in caring, healing, teaching, and discovering through a pioneering role in health information management.
- Authenticity: We engage others with openness, honesty and respect.
- Belonging: We contribute well to the team dynamic, caring for our students and colleagues.
- Collaboration: We are accessible to others, and we seek out opportunities to partner with students, colleagues and the community.
- Diversity: We appreciate the variety of characteristics, qualities, experiences and ideas that enrich our department and community.
- Exploration: We embrace creativity, innovation and the opportunity to discover.