Accreditation and Student Outcomes
The Health Information Management accreditor of the University of Kansas Medical Center is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College's accreditation for baccalaureate degree in Health Information Management has been reaffirmed through 2021. All inquiries about the program's accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at 312.235.3255 or by email at email@example.com.
Documents relating to accreditation status are available at the department office by request. Information for students.
Student Achievement and Outcomes Data
The following data is from the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Program graduation rate: 93.33% of students who entered the program graduated.
- Program employment rate: 100% of graduates who sought employment are employed (there are two graduates for which their status is unknown at this time), with most employed prior to or within six months of graduation.
- Graduate school entry: three of the 15 graduates began graduate studies (in disciplines including MHSA and M.D. programs).
- Program transfer rate: 0% of students who entered the program transferred to another health information management program.
- Employer satisfaction: 100% of responding employers indicate they would hire a graduate from the KU health information management program again in the future; 75% strongly agree and 25% agree that graduates from the KU health information management program have the knowledge necessary to perform work they are hired to perform.