Accreditation and Student Outcomes
The Health Information Management accreditor of the University of Kansas Medical Center is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College's accreditation for baccalaureate degree in Health Information Management has been reaffirmed through 2021. All inquiries about the program's accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at 312.235.3255 or by email at email@example.com.
Documents relating to accreditation status are available at the department office by request. Information for students.
Student Achievement and Outcomes Data
The following data is from the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Program graduation rate: 95% of students who entered the program graduated.
- Program employment rate: 94.5% of graduates who sought employment are employed, with most employed prior to or within 6 months of graduation.
- Graduate school entry: 3 of the 18 graduates applied to graduate school and 100% were accepted.
- Program transfer rate: 0% of students who entered the program transferred to another HIM program.
- Employer satisfaction: 100% of responding employers indicate they would hire a graduate from the KU-HIM program again in the future; 67% strongly agree and 33% agree that graduates from the KU-HIM program have the knowledge necessary to perform work they are hired to perform.