How to Apply
Before you apply to our master's degree program in dietetics and nutrition, check out some helpful admission information below.
- July 1 for fall semester start.
- December 1 for spring semester start.
- May 1 for summer semester start.
Before You Begin Your Application
We recommend you have the following information ready before starting the online application.
- Read the nonacademic technical standards. Accepted applicants will be asked if the nonacademic technical standards can be met with or without accommodation.
- Personal goals statement: Prepare a statement explaining your personal and professional goals and why you are interested in this academic program.
- Resume: Prepare an updated resume.
- References: Identify three (3) references. You will be asked to enter the names and contact information (including email addresses) of three (3) individuals. The Slate system will then prompt each person to submit the reference online.
A reference provides a professional recommendation on your behalf. It is preferred that college instructors, academic advisors or supervisors provide these recommendations. The recommendations may not be obtained from family members, friends, etc. Make sure each reference is willing to submit a recommendation electronically.
- Transcripts: Arrange to have one official copy of each transcript from every college and university that you have attended sent directly to KU Medical Center. Official transcripts may not be provided directly by the applicant.
If the institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to DNtranscripts@kumc.edu. Note: many institutions offer the National Student Clearinghouse service for the transmission of official transcripts online. Please DO NOT select "University of Kansas" if using this service.
Hardcopy transcripts can be mailed to the following address:
KU Dept. of Dietetics and Nutrition
MS 4013 / 3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
- Note: As of August 2021. applicants are no longer required to provide scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
All transcripts and grades earned outside the U.S. must be evaluated, even if classes were taught in English and the transcript is written in English. Please arrange to have an official copy of your evaluation sent directly to KU Medical Center from World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators at the address listed above for transcripts. Official evaluations may not be provided directly by the applicant.
Note: please select KU Medical Center campus location in the online application.
Partial or incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
Please submit your completed application and pay the application fee. The application fee is paid when you click SUBMIT from the online application. Applicants can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by electronic check. U.S. banks only. Application fees are non-refundable. Electronic checks will be held for approximately six business days while the check clears.