Ryan Kubat, D.O.
Dr. Ryan Kubat is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Kubat received his medical degree from Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2015. He then completed his residency training in Internal Medicine followed by fellowship training in Infectious Diseases at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He joined the Infectious Diseases faculty after completing his fellowship training in 2020.
In addition to general infectious diseases, Dr. Kubat also has particular clinical interest in non-tuberculous mycobacterial infections and other complicated pulmonary infections related to bronchiectasis, invasive fungal infections, infections in immunocompromised hosts, tuberculosis, and HIV.
Education and Training
- BS, Microbiology/Cell & Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- DO, Osteopathic Medicine, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Tulsa, OK
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Clinical Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Infectious Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Osteopathic Physician License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
Dr. Kubat is involved in research projects in collaboration with other faculty and trainees within the Division of Infectious Diseases as well collaborating with other departments and divisions throughout the health system. His research interests include studying epidemiology and clinical outcomes of invasive fungal infections, nontuberculous mycobacterial infections, infections in immunocompromised hosts, and quality improvement.