Sean S. Jackson, MD
Associate Professor, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Dr. Jackson attended Washburn University in Topeka, KS and received a medical degree from the University of Kansas Medical Center. He completed an orthopedic residency here at KUMC. He then did a fellowship in spine surgery at Charlotte Spine Center in Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Jackson is Board Certified through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He practiced at Kansas City Bone andamp; Joint for 9 years. He then joined the Department of Orthopedic Surgery in January of 2008 specializing in spine surgery. He currently sees patients at the Marc Asher Spine Center at KUMC.
Education and Training
- MD, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Orthopedic, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Spine Surgery, Charlotte Spine Center, Charlotte, NC
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Medical License, Board of Healing Arts
- Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques, Editorial Reviewer, 2016 - Present
- School of Medicine Faculty Council, Representative, 2015 - Present
- Orthopedic Clinical Comptetency Committee, Member, 2011 - Present
- Orthopedic Program Educational Committee , Member, 2010 - Present
- Taghiabi, K, Bunch, J, Burton, D, Carlson, B, Jackson, R. 2020. Abstract: Early Postoperative Anticoagulation in Spinal Fracture is Associated with Improved Outcomes.
- Erwin, J, Carlson, B., B, Bunch, J, Jackson, R., S, Burton, D. 2020. Impact of unoperated adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in adulthood: a 10 year analysis.. Spine Deformity
- Carlson, B, Burton, D, Jackson, R., S, Robinson, S. 2016. Recidivism rates after smoking cessation prior to spinal fusion.. Orthopedics 2016, e318-22
- Benson, C, Lansford, T, Cotton, J, Burton, D, Jackson, R., S, McIff, T. 2016. Biomechanical analysis of cement augmentation techniques on pedicle screw fixation in osteopenic bone: a cadaveric study.. Spine Deformity 2014, 28-33
- Burton, D, Carlson, B, Manna, B, Riazi-Kermani, M, Glattes, R., C, Jackson, R., S. 2013. Backfilling of iliac crest defects with Hydroxyapatite-calcium Triphosphate Biphasic Compound: A prospective, randomized, CT and patient-based analysis.. Spine J 2013, 13(1), 54-61