The Office of Clinical Trial Administration (OCTA) supports the conduct of clinical research for the University of Kansas Medical Center, including:
- Dedicated support from an OCTA Portfolio Manager
- Coordination of study activation processes
- Budget development and negotiation
- Regulatory guidance and training
- Quality assurance support
- ClinicalTrials.gov support and training
Coordination with OCTA is required for all clinical trials and other studies required to use Velos, with the exception of studies supported by the KU Cancer Center Clinical Trial Office. All studies funded by industry or not-for-profit sponsors require a contract with the KU Medical Center Research Institute.