Chronic Disease Workshops
Living with Chronic Conditions? Enroll in Our FREE Healthy Living Workshop
Registration required - Six-week class generally held in the spring and fall
Contact Matt Chandler for information on the waitlist and future sessions
• Improve decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Communicate better with family, friends, and health professionals
• Accept and manage anger, depression, and difficult emotions
• Learn new ways to eat healthily
• Find healthy ways to control pain and increase physical activity
• Define and accomplish your goals
• Take charge of your health!
Class size is limited. Email Matt at email@example.com to register or with questions.
"The workshops put me back in charge of my life, and I feel great. I only wish I had done it sooner." - a Living with Chronic Conditions workshop participant
Offered in the Spring and Fall, CDSMP is a FREE interactive, evidence-based program developed by Stanford University. People with different chronic health problems attend the workshop once a week for six weeks. Workshops are led by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are living with a chronic disease. Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the book, Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition, and an audio relaxation CD, Relaxation for Mind and Body.
The way the program is taught makes it effective. Participants are very involved in the classes and support each other. Success builds participants' confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.