Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In June 2020, we established a Task Force to evaluate diversity, equity and inclusion within the Hoglund Biomedical Imaging Center with the goal of aligning our vision with our actions. We wrote a vision statement, implemented unconscious bias training for all Hoglund faculty and staff, developed a visitor feedback survey to be offered to all research participants, collaborators, research staff, and trainees at Hoglund. To date, 100% of respondents report that they would recommend Hoglund to others and have had positive experiences. Specifically, several participants have recognized Frank and Kerry for helping them feel comfortable with scanning procedures and having a great experience participating in research at Hoglund.
Moving forward, we are making changes in the building to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment and continuing a self-assessment of Hoglund procedures and processes with an eye on moving our vision statement to action. Please reach out if you have suggestions or comments.
Our vision is of a Hoglund Biomedical Imaging Center that conducts research in an environment that is welcoming to all of our partners – community members, research participants, students, research staff, investigators – regardless of professional status, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
- Reflect on unconscious bias, racism, and discrimination
- Create an environment of civility and respect of everyone
- Practice anti-racism and dismantle racist policies and practices
- Advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into our activities
- Create inclusive learning and professional development opportunities
- Enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff
- Engage our partners and stakeholders in our improvement process and hold ourselves accountable