Your Help Makes a Difference
Welcome to the MSAC volunteer site! Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help make a difference in our MS community. The opportunities listed below currently need volunteers. We're always looking for those interested in lending a hand. Don't see a category you like? Feel free to email or call 913-588-8668 for more information!
- Welcome/Greeter- Wednesdays 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Welcome members to the center, take attendance, answer phones, set up and assist with lunch.
- Lunch Assistant - Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. Assist members with opening containers, heating foods, getting drinks, etc. You may bring your own lunch and eat with the members when you are not busy assisting!
- Elective Instructor - Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 2:00-3:00 p.m. on a monthly basis
- Teach an elective class in your area of expertise. Suggested topics are: art, music, photography, knitting, crafting, book club, meditation, yoga and stretching.
- Therapy Volunteer - Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Assist therapists with physical, occupational and recreational rehabilitation in a group setting for ambulatory and non-ambulatory participants. Also assist with individual assessments and specific programs.
Special Events Volunteer - it takes many hands to plan and execute our fundraising events. We are always looking for energetic, experienced and willing volunteers to help with all aspects of our two major fundraising events.
- Race to Nowhere - a stationary bike race held the last Saturday in Feburary. Planning begins in early August.
- Eat. Bid. Laugh. - a dinner, comedy show and silent auction held every fall. Planning begins in January.
- Data Entry - accurate data is key to our success. Help us stay up to date by keeping our records current.
- Writer - help us tell our story through social media, newsletter, website or blog. We can provide information, you craft it into our story.
- Organization - help us clean our closets. We have lots of craft supplies and decorations.