Clinical Trials Requests - Histology
The BRCF is pleased to launch the improved process of requesting histology services for clinical trials online through REDCap.
Please note: This applies to requests for tissue and slides for internal KUMC Clinical Trials only. Outside institutions are required to contact the Deparment of Surgical Pathology directly with specimen requests for clinical trials. The repository is not authorized to process requests from non-KUMC clinical trials coordinators. If you wish to request de-identified samples, repository services, and/or histology services please follow the instructions on the Basic Science Requests page.
Request Histology Services for a Clinical Trial
- Please fill out the Tissue Request form in REDCap and complete with the following information:
- Clinical Trial HSC number
- Patient identifiers and Study ID (SID)
- Study Name
- Procedure type
- Surgical Pathology Report/Accession Number and Date of Surgery (DOS)
- Please note, logging into REDCap is not required to complete this form. Please just use the link above.
- Again, this is not the proper pathway for external (non-KUMC) clinical trials coordinators from outside facilities to obtain specimens from the hospital pathology department. If information from an outside facility is entered into this form, it will not reach the appropriate individuals in the Department of Surgical Pathology to process the request. Contacting the Department of Surgical Pathology is the only method for obtaining specimens.
- Once the entire form is complete, the turnaround time for clinical trials requests is 3-5 days.
For CTO Lab Staff
Once the study coordinators complete the tissue request form, designated CTO lab staff will be notified to finish the request.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the BRCF via email BRCF@kumc.edu or call 913-588-4766.