The Dapagliflozin in Alzeheimer's Disease (DAPA) study will test the effect of the study drug on brain energy levels and cognitive function in participants with Alzeheimer's disease (AD).
What's unique about the DAPA study?
- Study duration approx. 14 weeks
- In-person visits with a clinician
- Previously FDA-approved for diabetes
- 2 in 3 chance of receiving the study drug vs. placebo
Who can participate in the DAPA study?
You may qualify for the study if you are:
- Age 50-85 years old
- Have a diagnosis of Alzehimer's disease
- Have a study partner who can accompany you to study visits
Participants must be able to come to the clinic for physical exams, blood collection, cognitive testing, and brain imaging. There are additional critiria to participate in study.