When you take time for training, you want to be sure it’s time well-spent. Gain insights directly applicable to your practice; plan now to attend a program presented by the experts at the KU ADRC.
The KU Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center offers ongoing training programs for healthcare providers covering screening, diagnosis, treatment, and more. We provide a variety of opportunities from live courses and online webinars to educational resources and updated communications. We take pride in delivering high-quality, engaging curricula through programs that offer reliable and safe practice improvements for all providers. Take that next step in your academic and career progression by joining us at an upcoming program. CME credit is available for applicable courses below - read more to find out what program is best for you.
If you have questions about any of the below opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn from the best. Leaders from the KU Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center discuss best practices in screening, diagnosing, and treating various dementias. Students who successfully complete the session will learn how to:
- Select tools for screening for early signs of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in a primary care practice
- Explain the importance of early identification of cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease
- Identify appropriate interventions based upon the identification of cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of dementia and treatment options for the most common forms of dementia
- Discuss the currently available treatments for Alzheimer’s disease and their impact on the disorder
- Discuss major research advances that may lead to improved diagnostic, treatment, and prevention efforts
- Describe the application of patient empowerment features to interdisciplinary dementia support
Register for an upcoming Dementia Course Update:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. | $50 Fee | 6.5 CME/CEU
March 25, 2022 (Virtual)
Register online at: www.eeds.com/live/619218
Deadline to register: March 23, 2022 at 5 p.m.
July 15, 2022 (Virtual)
Register online at: www.eeds.com/live/290382
Deadline to register: July 13, 2022 at 5 p.m.
August 26, 2022 (Live)
Pittsburg State University
Overman Student Center, Sunflower Room
302 E Cleveland Ave., Pittsburg Kan.
Register online at: www.eeds.com/live/153092
Deadline to register: August 23, 2022 at 5 p.m.
September 9, 2022 (Virtual)
Register online at: www.eeds.com/live/898714
Deadline to register: September 7, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Our lecture series on dementia care brings together experts from KU Alzheimer's Disease Research Center to offer community providers practical tips and advice for caring for patients with dementia. Provider Pocket Talks are weekly 20-minute live lectures, with 10 minutes for Q&A, during the lunch hour on Fridays. Our presentations are free of charge and fully online with CME credit available.
Click the button below to learn more: additional information, recorded presentations, and how to sign-up for upcoming webinars!