Research Informatics is proud to provide informatics expertise and capabilities to support translational and clinical researchers from multiple disciplines at KU Medical Center, affiliated organizations and external partner organizations. The biomedical informatics methods and tools we have developed allow our research collaborators and clients to store, integrate, query, analyze and visualize complex data sets. We work closely with The University of Kansas Health System in making clinical data available for research purposes.
Our Mission and Values
Our mission is to improve people’s health by helping researchers convert data to knowledge while protecting privacy.
- Innovation: We work to bring cutting-edge informatics solutions to researchers that will help them compete for funding and successfully complete their research.
- Diversity: We believe that our differences are strengths and value many perspectives.
- Excellence: We take pride in delivering quality data.
- Authenticity: We are unafraid to speak up if we believe patient privacy is at stake.
- Leadership: We actively seek better ways of supporting research and protecting privacy and demonstrate these approaches to others.