Card Access Info
All Medical Center employees and students are issued identification cards, which will also serve as your key to enter the Medical Center complex after hours. It is extremely important that you safeguard this card.
All employees and students are required to wear proper identification badges. Students and employees without visible badges may be stopped by police.
After Hours Access
For your safety, the Medical Center is locked after hours. Entry is restricted to certain after hour access points. If you have problems, contact the Police Dispatcher at extension 5030 or use any direct line blue telephone.
Care of Your Card
- Report lost or stolen identification cards to your department's coordinator immediately. If they are not available, contact the Police at ext. 5030.
- The only stickers that should be attached to your identification card are the student validation sticker, a bar code from Dykes Library or a bar code from Kirmeyer Fitness Center. Care should be taken not to cover the magnetic stripe on the rear of the card.
- Do not put any type of pin through the card. Do not bend the card.
- Lost, stolen or damaged cards may be replaced for a fee.
- The University of Kansas Health System (Hospital) badge office is located at B314 in KU Hosptital. The hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The University badge office is located at G060 in Delp F. The hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If a specific reader does not work or the door will not open or close properly, a system hardware problem may exist. Contact Facilities Operations Production Control (ext. 7928) or the Police Dispatcher (ext. 5030) for repairs.
- If your card does not work in a Hospital area door, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your card does not work in a University area door, email UniversityIDBadge@kumc.edu. Please include your card number in either email.
- If there is a new area you need access to, the manager of that area will have to make the request.
Please note that the Police Department does not determine access to each of the card access areas. The department or departments that control the area determine who should have access.
24-Hour Card Access Point Locations
Doors Open to Everyone During Listed Hours