The shuttle is a service provided to all guests of the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Blue shuttle stops - Main campus
Operating Hours (Effective October 16, 2019)
The shuttle operates from 4:30 a.m. to 12:15 a.m., Monday through Friday.
The bus will load and unload at each stop approximately as follows:
- Parking Lots East route of Rainbow
- 4:30 a.m. – 5 a.m. every 10 minutes
- 5 a.m. – 7 a.m. every 3 minutes
- 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. every 8 minutes
- West route of Rainbow
- 4:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. every 15 minutes
- Parking Lots West route of Rainbow
- 4:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. every 15 minutes
- Full route
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. On demand service via TapRide App
- 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. every 10 minutes
- 8 p.m. – 12:15 a.m. On demand service via TapRide App
For special assistance during this time, please call 816-512-5553
- 12:15 a.m. – 4:30 a.m., escort services are available via On demand service via TapRide App or through the KU Police Department
- Security Escort Service
What are the hours of service?
Off-campus police security escorts are available 8 p.m.-6 a.m. daily. The boundaries are:
The blue shuttle route bus will be available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and 8 p.m.-midnight.
- Chester Avenue to the north
- State Line Road to the east
- 43rd Street to the south
- Fisher Street to the west
What if a guest or patient family member needs security escort service?
Call police dispatch at 913-588-5030 and the escort service will be provided.
What if I need a jump start or have a flat tire?
Call police dispatch at 913-588-5030.
Escort service cannot be provided into the state of Missouri.
Main Campus Parking Lot Shuttle stops
The shuttle makes 12 stops throughout the University of Kansas Medical Center. For details, view a downloadable map and schedule of the Blue shuttle stops.
Yellow (Westwood and CRC/Fairway) Shuttle Route
The Yellow (Westwood and CRC/Fairway) Shuttle Route goes from:
- KU Medical Center (Main Campus) - 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160
- KU Medical Center (Westwood Campus) - 2330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Westwood, KS 66205
- Clinical Research Center, KU Medical Center (Fairway North Campus) - 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205
- KU Medical Center (Broadmoor) - 5799 Broadmoor, Mission, KS 66202
Shuttle service is available every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., M-F.
- Non-shuttle service hours and on the weekends, registered permit holders may park on any campus surface parking lot.
- Please call our police dispatch at (913) 588-5030 to arrange a security escort to and from any campus parking lots.
- If needed, our security team is also equipped with tire inflation tanks and battery jump starts.
Green Shuttle Route (effective August 6, 2018)
The Green Shuttle Route goes from:
- Main campus to
- 4601 Rainbow lot,
- Fairway North/CRC
- then back in reverse order.
Service will start at 5 a.m. and continue until 8 p.m.
Green shuttles will run:
- Every 10 minutes from 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- After 8 p.m.:
- For staff going to 4601 Rainbow Blvd, please use Shuttle Route 4, boarding in front of the Heart Center.
- For staff going to Westwood/Fairway, please contact police dispatch at 913-588-5030 so a security escort may be arranged.
- After 11 p.m., contact police dispatch at 913-588-5030 so a security escort may be arranged.
- View the complete Green Shuttle Route map.
- Every 15 minutes from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Bus drivers are not allowed to pick up or let passengers off at non-designated stops.
- No smoking is permitted on the bus.
- Please stay seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Standing is not permitted on the bus while in transit.
- Please keep hands and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Use caution when boarding — the steps are steep and may be slick at times.
- Make yourself aware of the emergency exits in the bus at all times.
Oct 16, 2019