Annual Security Report
The annual security and fire safety report (ASR) is a requirement of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), specifically the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security and Crime Statistics Act. The federal law requires colleges and universities to:
- Collect, classify and count crime reports and statistics
- Issue campus alerts under certain requirements
- Publish an annual security and fire safety report (ASR)
- Maintain a Daily Crime and Fire Log
- Disclose missing student notification procedures
- Provide fire safety information
Note: 2022 ASR details 2021 calendar year.
Previous Annual Security Reports
- 2021 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (2020 Calendar Year)
- 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (2019 Calendar Year)
- 2019 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (2018 Calendar Year)
- 2018 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (2017 Calendar Year)
- 2017 Annual Security Report (2016 Calendar Year)
For information on all crimes reported to the University of Kansas Police Department, view the Daily Crime Reports.