F-1/J-1 International Students
The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC), offers educational programs through its Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Health Professions.
As an international student, you must apply to a program, and be accepted before any immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019) will be issued to you. For information on the application process we suggest you visit page associated with the KUMC program you are applying to.
Once accepted by a program, the department will request the appropriate immigration document for you. You will need to complete a questionnaire and provide supporting documents such as copy of your passport identification pages and proof of funding.
If you have received notice of your acceptance, and have not received an email from the Office of International Programs, then please contact an OIP Inbound Programs advisor.
We also suggest that you visit the EducationUSA website. This website will provide you an overview of the educational systems in the USA, how to apply for a visa, and tips on making adjustment to life in the USA. The publications on this site are published in six different languages.
Information for Incoming International Students
- Links to updated forms coming soon...
- AR-11- Change of Address
- AR-11 SR- Change of Address for Special Registrants
- Change of Address USCIS Online Form
- I-539- Application to Change or Extend Nonimmigrant Status
- I-765- Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
Other Government Forms
- SS-5- Social Security Number Application
- Application for ITIN: Individual Taxpayers Identification Number
- Driver's License Application Instructions: Missouri or Kansas