Conrad 30 J-1 Waiver Requests
STATE OF KANSAS CONRAD 30 J-1 WAIVER PROGRAM
Program information and requirements are available at the State of Kansas Department of Health and Environment's website.
Please note the Conrad 30 Waiver Program's stipulations for recruitment:
- Regional print advertising in Rural Health Education and Services
- National print advertising
For KUMC to petition for a Conrad 30 J-1 Waiver, the position must be approved by PMPC in Kansas City or an equivalent authority for other campus locations. In addition, approval must be obtained from Dr. Robert M. Klein, Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs (the university's signing authority for these petitions). The Conrad 30 J-1 Waiver petition and accompanying initial H-1B petition must be filed by university approved attorney, Judy Bordeau from Bordeau Immigration Law. To initiate the Conrad 30 request process, the sponsoring department should do the following:
- Obtain approval from PMPC or equivalent authority if position is not in Kansas City
- Obtain recommendation from Dr. Robert M. Klein, Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, and Dr. Steven Stites, Vice Chancellor for Clinical Affairs, to petition on behalf of a physician
- Complete request form
- OIP will forward the request to the Dr. Robert M. Klein, Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, for review and final decision
Petitions that require university signature must be filed by a university approved attorney.
REQUEST TO PETITION FOR CONRAD 30 WAIVER
UNIVERSITY APPROVED ATTORNEY:
Judy Bordeau, Managing Attorney
Bordeau Immigration Law, LLC.
For any questions or more information, please contact Kimberly Connelly (email@example.com) and Irina Aris (firstname.lastname@example.org).