Title IX and Sexual Violence
Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 states that "no person in the United States shall on the basis of sex be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance." The KU Medical Center prohibits all forms of sex-based discrimination, including sexual harassment, sexual violence and assault, and is committed to preventing sex discrimination that impacts any person's opportunity to participate in or benefit from the University's programs and activities.
All KUMC employees are expected to report incidents of sexual harassment or sexual assault of which they become aware. Please review the KU Medical Center's Title IX Resolution Process for more information regarding the procedures for preventing, reporting and investigating Title IX violations.
If you or someone you know has been subjected to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, or sexual assault, please submit a report using this online form or contact: KU Medical Center's Title IX Coordinator: Natalie Holick, at 913-588-8011 or email@example.com.
- Title IX Resolution Process- NEW
- Title IX Hearing Procedures- NEW
- Sexual Harassment Policy- UPDATED
- University Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Policy
- KUMC Workplace and Campus Violence Policy
- KUMC Relationships Policy
- Student Childbirth Accommodation Policy
- Bystander Intervention ToolKit
- Intimate Partner Violence Guide
- ACHA Trauma-Informed Approach to Sexual Violence Toolkit
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA)
- Comprehensive Community Resources List for Kansas and Missouri
* Community Resources are provided for informational purposes only. Publication of these resources does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by KU Medical Center. KU Medical Center makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the resource list. KU Medical Center assumes no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for the accuracy or use of the information provided within the resource list.
Training provided to the Title IX Investigator and Title IX Coordinator: Title IX Training