- KU School of Nursing hosts 2019 Midwest Nursing Research Society conference
Apr 09, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Nursing hosted the 43th annual Midwest Nursing Research Society research conference, which was held March 27-30, 2019, at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Kansas City. Nearly 900 nursing scholars and students attended from 36 states and five countries.
- KU Cancer Center to test whether omega-3 can prevent colon cancer in Lynch patients
Mar 29, 2019 -- Anwaar Saeed, M.D., is launching the first clinical trial to examine the effectiveness of fish oil supplements, which contain omega-3 fatty acids, in protecting against colon cancer for people with Lynch syndrome.
- KU Medical Center physicians testing new procedure for patients at high risk for severe heart failure
Mar 22, 2019 -- A team of physician-researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center is testing a new procedure that replaces a leaky heart valve for patients who are at high risk for heart failure but are too frail or ill for open heart surgery.
- KU School of Medicine students announce where they will be residents
Mar 15, 2019 -- On the KU Medical Center campus in Kansas City, candidates took center stage at Battenfeld Auditorium to announce where they will spend the next three to seven years, depending on their specialties.
- KU's med/psych program blends two specialties to treat mind and body
Feb 28, 2019 -- KU Medical Center is home to one of the best med/psych programs in the nation.
Categories: School of Medicine,
- Robert P. Moser appointed dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine–Salina
Feb 26, 2019 -- The University of Kansas Medical Center has named Robert P. Moser, M.D., dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine–Salina, effective May 1, replacing William Cathcart-Rake, M.D., who will retire as dean in June.
- KU School of Nursing partners with Woodland Charity in Guatemala
Feb 21, 2019 -- University of Kansas School of Nursing students learned firsthand that you can improve health not only by treating individual patients in a clinic, but also by working with a community as a whole and helping people create healthier living environments
- KU researchers study whether high-intensity exercise could help stroke patients
Feb 18, 2019 -- Researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center are part of a national study to figure out how much and how intense exercise should be for for stroke patients to receive maximum benefit.
- New associate dean for research joins KU School of Nursing
Feb 13, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Nursing has a new associate dean for research. Barbara J. Polivka, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, joined the KU School of Nursing on February 1.
- KU Medical Center and University of Kansas Health System screen documentary on physician suicide
Jan 25, 2019 -- “Do No Harm: Exposing the Hippocratic Hoax” takes a hard look at the issues that lead some physicians to become depressed or take their lives.
Categories: School of Medicine,
- KU’s Department of Occupational Therapy Education celebrates 75 years
Jan 24, 2019 -- During its 75-year history, the Department of Occupational Therapy Education at the University of Kansas Medical Center has developed a national reputation of excellence for educating its students to become therapists who provide essential assessment and support skills that empower their patients with physical or mental disabilities to engage in everyday life activities.
- Black-tie gala celebrates outstanding educators in the KU School of Medicine
Jan 24, 2019 -- Contributions of educators who significantly influenced the lives of students from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City, Salina and Wichita were celebrated during A Grand Affair, the annual black-tie gala, honoring educators and mentors from the last year.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018