- Department of Dietetics and Nutrition celebrates 75 years
Oct 21, 2019 -- In 1944, Hildegard Knopp and Jan Granger were the first students to graduate from the department’s dietetic internship program. The department had been founded a year earlier with the approval of the American Dietetic Association, now the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Panel discusses 3 Rs of rural health: recruitment, retention, reimbursement
Oct 16, 2019 -- Attracting and retaining medical staff is a major challenge in rural areas, second only to financial solvency for struggling community hospitals, according to panelists who are experts in rural health
- All of Us visits campus, seeking volunteers for nationwide study
Oct 15, 2019 -- The All of Us Research Program visited the University of Kansas Medical Center Oct. 2 as part of its quest to collect biomedical data from 1 million individuals across the United States in the next 10 years.
- Researchers win grant from BlueKC to study food insecurity
Oct 10, 2019 -- Researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center will use a $400,000 grant to study how community health workers can help close the food insecurity gap in certain patients.
- One-of-a-kind outreach program benefits Alzheimer’s caregivers
Oct 09, 2019 -- KU ADC's RDAD-KC program provides one-on-one, in-home support to Alz caregivers in Kansas
- Jerrihlyn McGee named vice chancellor for diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Kansas Medical Center
Sep 18, 2019 -- Jerrihlyn McGee named vice chancellor for diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Kansas Medical Center
- KU Cancer Center receives grant to expand clinical trials in rural Kansas
Sep 09, 2019 -- KU Cancer Center receives grant to expand clinical trials in rural Kansas
- Fellowship focuses on providing future psychologists specialized training in cancer care
Aug 29, 2019 -- Clinical health psychology fellowship emphasizes psychological care for people with cancer
Categories: , School of Medicine
- KU Medical Center earns $18.9 million grant to support biomedical research in Kansas
Aug 28, 2019 -- KU Medical Center receives $18.9 million grant supporting biomedical research in Kansas
- KU School of Nursing Class of 2021 dons white coats at Nightingale Ceremony
Aug 28, 2019 -- At a ceremony held Aug. 23 in the Ad Astra room of the Health Education Building at the University of Kansas Medical Center, the KU School of Nursing class of 2021 officially began their journey into the nursing profession.
Categories: School of Nursing
- $3.4 million expansion planned for Salina Health Education Center
Aug 22, 2019 -- Plans are now underway for a $3.4 million expansion of the Salina Health Education Center, 138 N. Santa Fe Ave., Salina, which serves as the home for the Salina campuses of both the KU School of Medicine and KU School of Nursing.
- KU School of Medicine ushers in class of 2023 with White Coat Ceremony
Aug 06, 2019 -- KU School of Medicine welcomed the class of 2023 to the profession with the traditional White Coat Ceremony.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018