News Listing Page
Health Care News
- Roy Jensen named president of Association of American Cancer Institutes
Oct 09, 2018 -- Roy Jensen, M.D., director of The University of Kansas Cancer Center, has been named president of the Association of American Cancer Institutes (AACI), an organization of 98 leading academic cancer centers in North America, which includes the 70 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated centers.
- Two KU Medical Center educators honored with Chancellors Club professorships
Sep 25, 2018 -- Well-known as scientists, researchers and educators Gustavo Blanco and Joseph Fontes from the University of Kansas Medical Center, have been recognized as Chancellors Club Teaching Professors for 2018.
- University honors the first black woman to earn a medical degree from KU
Aug 24, 2018 -- In 1958, the late Marjorie Cates became the first black woman to graduate from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Some 60 years later she is being honored by the university with an academic society dedicated in her name.
- Nightingale Ceremony ushers in new School of Nursing class
Aug 20, 2018 -- With the donning of their new white coats, the presentation of their academic society pins and the recitation of the KU Nursing Oath of Commitment, 126 women and men went from being a collection of college students from throughout the country to being the University of Kansas School of Nursing Class of 2020.
- KU School of Medicine holds White Coat Ceremony for class of 2022
Aug 01, 2018 -- At this rite of passage to welcome entering medical students, KU School of Medicine faculty share some wisdom and each student walks on stage to be cloaked in a white coat, a symbol of the physician’s profession, with family and friends in attendance.
- Burns named to Governor’s Alzheimer's Disease Working Group
Jul 27, 2018 -- Jeffrey Burns, M.D., co-director of the University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center (KU ADC), has been named by Governor Jeff Colyer to the Alzheimer’s Disease Plan Working Group
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018