News Listing Page
Health Care News
- Robert P. Moser appointed dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine–Salina
Feb 26, 2019 -- The University of Kansas Medical Center has named Robert P. Moser, M.D., dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine–Salina, effective May 1, replacing William Cathcart-Rake, M.D., who will retire as dean in June.
- KU researchers study whether high-intensity exercise could help stroke patients
Feb 18, 2019 -- Researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center are part of a national study to figure out how much and how intense exercise should be for for stroke patients to receive maximum benefit.
- KU’s Department of Occupational Therapy Education celebrates 75 years
Jan 24, 2019 -- During its 75-year history, the Department of Occupational Therapy Education at the University of Kansas Medical Center has developed a national reputation of excellence for educating its students to become therapists who provide essential assessment and support skills that empower their patients with physical or mental disabilities to engage in everyday life activities.
- Black-tie gala celebrates outstanding educators in the KU School of Medicine
Jan 24, 2019 -- Contributions of educators who significantly influenced the lives of students from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City, Salina and Wichita were celebrated during A Grand Affair, the annual black-tie gala, honoring educators and mentors from the last year.
- KU-led research shows drug critical to fighting opioid addiction remains underused
Dec 19, 2018 -- One medication critical to fighting the worst drug crisis in U.S. history remains woefully underprescribed and underutilized, according to research from the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Ghana's first respiratory therapy students learn at KU Medical Center
Dec 18, 2018 -- The mission to make respiratory therapy an officially recognized profession in Ghana rolled through America’s Heartland recently with a month-long stopover at the University of Kansas Medical Center where students from the University of Ghana spent four weeks alongside their American peers in an educational and cultural exchange.
- KU Medical Center, KU Health System and JCCC promote wellness through nutrition series
Dec 07, 2018 -- An eight-part nutrition lecture series titled “Cook Right, Eat Right,’ was produced through a collaboration between the University of Kansas Medical Center, The University of Kansas Health System and Johnson County Community College.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018