News Listing Page
School of Medicine News
- $4.2 million grant awarded for breast cancer chemoprevention study
Apr 09, 2021 -- Researchers at The University of Kansas Cancer Center have received a $4.2 million, five-year grant from the National Cancer Institute to study the effects of bazedoxifene and low-dose conjugated estrogen in women who are at increased risk for developing breast cancer and are experiencing menopausal symptoms.
- KU Alzheimer’s Disease Center using $4.3 million NIH grant to power its research and dementia care efforts
Mar 18, 2021 -- With the three-year, $4.3 million award, the KU ADC will enhance care for people with dementia, improve its ability to recruit research volunteers and help the city and state become more dementia capable.
- New COVID-19 outpatient treatments including pill, injection and inhaled medicine part of clinical trial at KU Medical Center
Feb 11, 2021 -- Three new outpatient treatments will be tested at the University of Kansas Medical Center in efforts to broaden options for COVID-19 patients. These new treatments may make it easier to receive COVID-19 treatment outside a hospital, as they include an oral pill, an injection and a medication that can be inhaled through a home nebulizer.
- KU Medical Center professor seeks to promote equity in residency applications and virtual interviews
Feb 01, 2021 -- Kimberly J. Templeton, M.D., professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Kansas Medical Center, led efforts to help women medical students maintain equity in the residency selection process.
- School of Medicine honors teaching excellence with virtual A Grand Affair
Jan 22, 2021 -- A Grand Affair on Jan. 15 recognized teaching excellence in the University of Kansas School of Medicine through a virtual ceremony.
Categories: School of Medicine
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018