Matthew Varon, M.D.
Matthew Varon, M.D., is an assistant professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He joined the faculty in August 2019 after completing his residency and a fellowship in neuromuscular medicine at KU Medical Center.
Dr. Varon attended medical school at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine and holds bachelor's degrees in chemistry and Spanish from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Dr. Varon's clinical interests include neuromuscular medicine and general neurology. He is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Education and Training
- BA, Chemistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- BA, Spanish, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- MD, Medicine, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska
- Other, Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- Other, Neuromuscular Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas Medical License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Neuromuscular Medicine, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Member, 2021 - Present
- American Academy of Neurology, Member, 2015 - Present
Dr. Varon's research interests include myasthenia gravis, inflammatory neuropathies and inclusion body myositis.
He has lectured at the KU Department of Neurology Grand Rounds, the Carrell-Krusen Neuromuscular Symposium in Dallas and a basic science lecture series at KU Medical Center. He also has presented posters at the American Academy of Neurology annual meeting and at the 2018 Muscle Study Group annual meeting in Oxford, UK. As a fellow, he earned second place in the poster presentations category at the 2019 annual University of Kansas Medical Center Residents, Postdocs and Fellows Research Forum.