Matthew J. Twardowski, O.D.
Matthew Twardowski is an optometrist seeing patients at both our locations (State Line Rd. and in the Medical Office Building on the main campus). He earned his BA in Biology from Washington State University in St. Louis, MO and his DO from the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago, IL. He completed a residency in Ocular Disease and Low Vision at the Illinois Eye Institute and the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, both in Chicago, and The Spectrios Institute for Low Vision in Wheaton, IL.
Education and Training
- BA, Biology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- OD, Optometry, Illinois College of Optometry
- Residency, Ocular Disease and Low Vision, The Illinois Eye Institute, Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired and Spectrios Institute for Low Vision
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Certification, National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Doctor of Optometry, Kansas Board of Optometry
- Doctor of Optometry, Missouri Board of Professional Registration for the Healing Arts
- KU Eye Lions Club, President, 2017 - 2018
- KU Eye Lions Club, Vice President, 2016 - 2017
- American Academy of Optometry, Member, 2015 - Present
- American Optometric Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- Kansas Optometric Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- KU Eye Lions Club, Member, 2015 - Present
- Scleral Lens Education Society, Member, 2015 - Present
Dr. Twardowski is active in our residency program and education. he provides optics/contact lectures, as well as refractive technique workshops. He is pursuing Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry to obtain his certification. He fits scleral contact lenses to aid in graft-versus-host disease, as well as irregular corneas from various procedures and scars.