Margaret L. Smith, MD, MPH, MHSA
Associate Professor, Family Medicine and Community Health
Associate Dean, Margaret Smith, MD
Dr. Margaret L. Smith is an associate professor in the Department of Family and Community Health with a secondary appointment in Population Health. She also serves as the Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for the School of Medicine. Dr. Smith is a graduate of the St. Louis University School of Medicine and completed her family medicine residency at the University of Kansas. She completed a faculty development fellowship at Michigan State University. Dr. Smith is also board certified in obesity medicine.
Education and Training
- MD, St. Louis Univ.
- Internship, Psychiatry, Marshall University, Huntington, WV
- Residency, Family Medicine, Univesity of Kansas, Kansas City, KS
- Other, Faculty Development, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Medicine and Surgery, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Obesity Medicine, American Board of Obesity Medicine